Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best prem league side ever according to Savage, doesn't think they have to win back to back titles to prove that. Never once did that prick say we were a great side after doing it last season, and I think that's the general consensus between all the media ****s.
It doesn't matter what fiction the media spin.

I've got a couple of Liverpool fans at work and when Klopp lifts the trophy in April I'm going to look them right in the eye and say:

"Congratulations on winning your first premier league title, is it everything you hoped it would be?"

Agree and disagree with this.....I don't in any way think that City can be accused of being arrogant. I do appreciate you can maybe be accused of getting used to watching quality football week in week out, but don't see an expectation of seeing that, as being arrogant.
That said, I have to agree and with the risk of being lambasted, I do think Pep has to take alot of the blame. Yes he is an incredible manager but as was said, you lost Kompany and didnt replace him. Bad luck to lose your best defender but to acknowledge that you dont fancy his back ups by putting one of the best CDM's in the world into defence. That has to be a mistake.
I get that there is FFP and you didnt know how long Laporte would be out, but to deprive your defence of Fernandinho as cover and not trust your usual CB's...does seem a tad silly.
Yes the whole world knows Pep is one of the best managers/coaches in the world but does that mean that someone shouldn't have been more vocal in pushing for more cover for Laporte?

My reference to arrogance, is related entirely to us believing that we could lose Kompany and it wouldn’t make any difference if we didn’t replace him. If it had happened at the end of 17/18, I could have understood it, we won the league by 19 points and were head and shoulders above every other side. Last season however, we had to amass 98 points to win the title by a point. There is no wiggle room after a season like that, you have to have a great summer transfer window and be ready to go again. We didn’t and we weren’t. For me, going into this season thinking we could play last seasons squad CBs as 1st choice is pure arrogance and we have paid the price.

Post of the weekend!

The whole of the media expect City to stop Liverpool and put up a better fight, there are 18 other teams who haven't made any effort at all.
that's the ugly side of the business of it. you want cash money, and you know you can't win the league from a not being able to spend like the big boys standpoint, and also because of ffp even if you had the money in some cases. So what's the bare minimum to spend to avoid relegation, or for a mid table team to try for Europe cash? Seems that is the bar now.
The Lster. city league win was brilliant, but the perfect storm.

Yes, they are very lucky and enjoy the help from referees , but you can't take this achievement from Liverpool. Last season I did not appreciate them,I did not believe that they would hold to the very end and accumulate such a crazy amount of points.
They are European champions, one lone loss in a season and a half and currently cruising to the championship.
I hate them ,no doubt, but sometimes you have to appreciate your opponent.
After our 8: 0 win against Wattford Klopp said in an interview that he would rather win 8 times 1: 0 than win 8: 0. And look how true it is, City on a good day is better than Liverpool but we have no stability, last week we scored 6 goals away and then a 90-minute goal in a draw against Palace, before the eighth against Wattford we lost to Norwich. We're unstable so I don't think we'll be able to get far beyond the League Cup this season, maybe an English Cup as well. But I don't see us winning the UCL, and as time goes on I'm not sure Real Madrid is not a favorite

Best prem league side ever according to Savage, doesn't think they have to win back to back titles to prove that. Never once did that prick say we were a great side after doing it last season, and I think that's the general consensus between all the media ****s.

There has been a 2 year long argument on whether or not Centurions is better than Invincibles. If Liverpool do both, it would be difficult to argue against them being the best Prem side ever.

They’ll probably break our points record but I wouldn’t put their current team/squad in the top three of PL history. They’d have to retain their title to be under serious consideration.

They’ve won a lot of games by the odd goal and with the assistance of their best ever signing, VAR. The officiating in the opening minutes in our game at Anfield still beggars belief.

They deserve to be where they are but the PL does seem rather scripted this season.

To be considered great they have to win back to back titles. Like the media said for us..

My reference to arrogance, is related entirely to us believing that we could lose Kompany and it wouldn’t make any difference if we didn’t replace him. If it had happened at the end of 17/18, I could have understood it, we won the league by 19 points and were head and shoulders above every other side. Last season however, we had to amass 98 points to win the title by a point. There is no wiggle room after a season like that, you have to have a great summer transfer window and be ready to go again. We didn’t and we weren’t. For me, going into this season thinking we could play last seasons squad CBs as 1st choice is pure arrogance and we have paid the price.

Once again, at the risk of being slammed...I don't think the club or fans can be accused of arrogance...surely the buck stops with Pep?
Yes, you got Rodri in but to simply move a CDM back shows an error of judgement. If he had stuck with the "back ups" then yes could be accused of arrogance, but Fernandinho as CB, as good as he is, has to be a mistake....buying was a must

There has been a 2 year long argument on whether or not Centurions is better than Invincibles. If Liverpool do both, it would be difficult to argue against them being the best Prem side ever.

I think you have to factor in playing style (in the shape of goals scored) as well as back to back title wins and, on both fronts, our 2017-19 side is still well ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.