Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they went 1-0 up I told my mate from now on its like 90% chance that they get the clean sheet.

This kind of defensive stability worth so much as it shows also something that helped them to win CL last season.

When we go 1-0 up its like 90% chance we will concede. And this cost us great CL success last 3 years running imo, the amount of goals we shipped at the back vs Monaco, Liverpool, Tottenham.

I had that feeling sometimes under Mancini. Go 1-0 up and game is done. Scored 12 more goals than Liverpool and still 16(+3?) points behind. As the saying goes, defense win titles.

It's been 7 consecutive PL clean sheets for Liverpool in games including Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham and United. I think it coincided with the return of Gomez.

I had that feeling sometimes under Mancini. Go 1-0 up and game is done. Scored 12 more goals than Liverpool and still 16(+3?) points behind. As the saying goes, defense win titles.

It's been 7 consecutive PL clean sheets for Liverpool in games including Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham and United. I think it coincided with the return of Gomez.

The injury to Fabinho too. Hard to know if it's gomez, Henderson or both.

If there is any pride there then .....

Pride comes before a fall

And what a fall it would be.
Because such heights can bring a bigger crash . Where are the invincibles now?
It's very hard to get back to such huge heights of success . It's taken ,what, 30 years to get there? I'm sure they're aware of what can go wrong so no semblance of pride yet apart from media bigging their successes in order to boost ratings. Perhaps somebody can correct me on that .
I just feel that the second shoe will inevitably drop at some point and that will show who they are.

Past few games they have been lucky. Nott talking about the ref decisions. But they played Spurs without Kane and United without Rashford. We faced both teams where both players were on form. So like you say, it's in their fate to win it this year. And rightly so. They have been immense. But roll next season they will suffer burn out and injuries. U cannot play at that level for months and months. They have bought smart. All midfielders.

Ox
Hend
Milner
New guy from Norway
Fabinho
Keita
Lallana
Wijnaldum

Impressive list of mids there.

That midfield list is not that great but works for them. Only Fabinho would stand a chance of starting for us imo.

Said it a few weeks back but there’s a chance they could win this at the Ethiad if both teams win all their remaining games up to that, I think I’ll be sick if it does, also expect a lot of bother at the game if they do.

Said it a few weeks back but there’s a chance they could win this at the Ethiad if both teams win all their remaining games up to that, I think I’ll be sick if it does, also expect a lot of bother at the game if they do.

Only bother if our fans behave like entitled twats. If they win it against us so be it, I’d hope adults could manage to control their own behaviour. I’d imagine it won’t happen though, mainly because we won’t win every game up until then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.