Var debate 2019/20

In a word, yes. I'm going to use yesterdays game as an example for 2 hypothetical situations.

Defenders;
In the second half a Crystal Palace defender blasted the ball off the body of his team mate from about 3 yards away. If that had hit his hand it correctly wouldn't have been a penalty.

Attackers;
Take the same situation but switch it to the other end of the pitch. Cahill lashes the ball in the same manner, it is going wide but hits Zaha on the arm and falls straight to McCarthy who taps it in.

I think that is fair, if you want every handball to given as free regardless then that's different. Just he prepared for 5 or 6 penalties every week.
Call me old fashioned but i expect the same rules to apply to every player on the pitch.

When are these twats at PiGMOL going to be made to use the fucking system as it was intended and not how they choose to implement it ?

Riley and his acolytes need to be made to do as instructed or fucked off totally.
Unfortunately Riley has got where he is carrying out instructions from his employers so unless they go he will stay.

Has anybody seen any clips of when Jesus was taken out in the area on Saturday? It was towards the end and a cross.came in from the right, went over Sergio and would have dropped to Jesus but he and the defender went sprawling. The commentators said they'd have to have a look at it but only one replay was shown (on my stream at least, didn't see any after match coverage) and the replay was from a bad angle to see anything. In real time it looked like a Liverpool penalty but I just wondered if it was a real penalty or not.

Has anybody seen any clips of when Jesus was taken out in the area on Saturday? It was towards the end and a cross.came in from the right, went over Sergio and would have dropped to Jesus but he and the defender went sprawling. The commentators said they'd have to have a look at it but only one replay was shown (on my stream at least, didn't see any after match coverage) and the replay was from a bad angle to see anything. In real time it looked like a Liverpool penalty but I just wondered if it was a real penalty or not.
Got no clips but it looked like Jesus got in front/across the defender, the defender then stuck an arm out to try to put him off/pull him back a little which went across Jesus's face, so as the cross flashed by, Jesus tried to "buy" something . Seemed to be trying to tell the ref. that he'd been elbowed but (IMO) that wasn't the case. Not much in it really, other than a bit of "last minute desperation". I could be wrong.

Can someone remind me when, during the season, the rule changed that a keeper was allowed a yard off his line when a penalty is taken? I thought VAR was meant to check all of these. Clearly I missed the rule change.

I honestly thought Liverpool are that far ahead and safe to win the league, we would now get honest refereeing and VAR-ing. Obviously the bent refereeing will continue till the dippers are actually crowned champions.
Red card and penalty retaken? No? Of course not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.