Dating apps

When I was a younger man I was on POF, does it still exist?

Got on to Tinder in June. The one thing you've got to presume on a dating app is that anyone you meet is probably talking to a few other people at the same time, because if you've got for example 10 matches, you're not just going to concentrate on the one you fancy the most and ignore the others, are you?

I always presumed that if I ever met someone to settle down with it would be through someone I knew, not through a dating app. Last month my best mate told me that a girl his wife works with fancies me, so I messaged her seeing if she fancied going for a drink (or a trip to the opticians), she got back to me saying that it was "too close to home" - either my mate fed me some shit information or some people have been conditioned to think you can only meet a complete stranger!

When I was a younger man I was on POF, does it still exist?

Got on to Tinder in June. The one thing you've got to presume on a dating app is that anyone you meet is probably talking to a few other people at the same time, because if you've got for example 10 matches, you're not just going to concentrate on the one you fancy the most and ignore the others, are you?

I always presumed that if I ever met someone to settle down with it would be through someone I knew, not through a dating app. Last month my best mate told me that a girl his wife works with fancies me, so I messaged her seeing if she fancied going for a drink (or a trip to the opticians), she got back to me saying that it was "too close to home" - either my mate fed me some shit information or some people have been conditioned to think you can only meet a complete stranger!

Or she thinks she might be gossiped about.

Think about it, if she knows someone you know and she's a bit filthy, why would she want that info getting out...?

I use Bumble. The woman has to talk first and then you have 24 hours to respond to her message, so it kinda forces the issue a bit more than Tinder where people just collect matches and then never talk. Went on a date last night with a nice girl.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.