Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why him? Why not Milner, TAA, Salah, Mané, Firmino, van Dijk or Alisson?

They should all be knighted , Klopp could take over Prince Harry & Prince Andrew's royal duties , every Red Shite season ticket holder should be given the freedom of Dipperville , and the Premier league / Champs league trophies guaranteed for the next decade with a combination of VAR , gifts from opposition keepers and re-investment from Littlewoods/Vernons Pools

That midfield list is not that great but works for them. Only Fabinho would stand a chance of starting for us imo.

I don't enjoy watching their midfield play at all, but it works for them and you can't deny the results.

I still don't think they will back it up next year mind.

They don't reallly have what we would consider a functional midfield. They have a 2nd line of defenders. So I dont really see how any of them can be considered as the pinnacle of the midfielder role.

The system they play basically bypasses the mdfield, its the polar opposite of how we play. Its basically how Big Sam played at Bolton but with better players.

Dortmund were exactly the same for a few years before they blew up, the system relies on creating chaos and exploiting the mistakes that happen due to pressure. There have been a couple of games over tha past couple of years where we've been strong enough to control the possession and take the sting out of them, I'm thinking both games last year and even the game at Anfield this year for long periods.

Its maybe the final challenge for Pep to solve, he's done everything in footbal apart form find a way to consistantly overcome this style of play. I think he knows it too and will stick with us until he sees them off.

From a purists angle I dont enjoy watching them play that style, any more than when Bolton Wanderers were doing it or Dortmund were ripping everyone to shreds. On our day we can simply outplay ANYONE (OGS is correct about that, and fair play to him for saying it).

The thing to remember is that the Kopp system only lasts a few years and then usually blows up big style. The injuries will come along eventually and they will suffer.

I don't enjoy watching their midfield play at all, but it works for them and you can't deny the results.

I still don't think they will back it up next year mind.

They rely so much on fitness and it will take its toll. They rotate the midfield three but still rely on their full backs and front three more than they should. In the pursuit of beating our 100pts they will undoubtedly run themselves into the ground and jeopardise their chances next season.

Chelsea and ourselves will go big in the summer to challenge again and teams will do more to stop Liverpool. Spurs under Mourinho a couple of weeks ago had a good strategy. On the counter they ran hard towards their own box rather than worrying about the ball too much. That got them back into defensive shape. Liverpool look to stretch and isolate by getting the ball forwards quickly. Klopp's teams have a history of success in the short term and then a real decline.

I cant see how they keep this squad together when they win the league. If someone comes in for any of those front three, a Real or Barca or even Juve. I think they go in the summer.

After two incredible seasons we haven't been up to it. Losing Laporte has been at the heart of it. When he is back, alongside Fernandinho we have a solid back four or the option to return Ferny into DM and get some more balance.

I would say that the six key outfield players for Liverpool are Mane,VVD, Robertson,TAA, Firmino and Salah. What is amazing is that they never get injured....and it was the same last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.