United Home League Cup Tickets

Didn’t they have a lot more than that left when the game kicked off the other Tuesday?
About the same for Utd v City.

There were a lot more left for Man Utd v Wolves. That att. (67k) was fiddled I think.

I think City v Utd will sell out. We've still got 10 days and at the moment it's dipped below the horizon. People aren't thinking about it. They will when it's the next game.

5,000 left online. None available online in South stand (but there are probably single seats in there).

(Real Madrid (H) is going to sell out this week).

5,000 left online. None available online in South stand (but there are probably single seats in there).

(Real Madrid (H) is going to sell out this week).

City need to allow season card holders in the Cup scheme to be able to buy more ticket for the Derby, otherwise the 2nd leg might not sell out.

It's quite amazing how much quicker the Real Madrid tickets sold than United. Only odd seats left for that one but loads for United.

Suppose it supports the pricing for the Real game, new & neutral supporters don't have the feelings some of us older heads have for the rags.
Of course it does. I was with someone who tried to buy hospitality for Madrid and that's all sold, too.

I wonder if thousands of old school/Maine Road/lapsed blues would want to be at the United game but haven't got the purchase history.

I wonder how many tickets we could have sold for Real Madrid had there been no capacity limit? Difficult to say but significantly in excess of our capacity.
If we had a bigger stadium we could have earmarked an area for the neutrals which is effectively what happens at places like the Camp Nou. That would also stop our own fans being put out by the daytrippers in home fan areas. Come to think of it we could also do that for the major Premier League matches. The sooner we sort the North Stand the better. I have never had a big problem with neutral tourist fans expect when they disrupt the game for us fanatics by taking selfies etc. I have been in the neutral section at Fulham many times and it works a treat. Why not have an overspill section for the biggest games? We need all the revenue we can get.

If we had a bigger stadium we could have earmarked an area for the neutrals which is effectively what happens at places like the Camp Nou. That would also stop our own fans being put out by the daytrippers in home fan areas. Come to think of it we could also do that for the major Premier League matches. The sooner we sort the North Stand the better. I have never had a big problem with neutral tourist fans expect when they disrupt the game for us fanatics by taking selfies etc. I have been in the neutral section at Fulham many times and it works a treat. Why not have an overspill section for the biggest games? We need all the revenue we can get.
I know some fans think City have loads of tourists but I disagree. How can you assess it? Well surveys say City have a very large season ticket base which is quite old. Not only is City's crowd 80% season ticket holders but our season ticket holders tend to be long standing.

City are however very popular now, and that 30,000 hard core of fans notice that there are newcomers particularly noticeable at Cup games where due to cost I think a lot of seasoncard holders have let their cup scheme lapse. I don't think this layer of new fans are tourists. They might have half and half scarves, they might be Asian or speaking foreign languages, or they might be students (an awful lot of whom are foreign) but that does not make them tourists. Our ground is nowhere big enough to have a neutral section. I don't believe there are neutrals at City games anyway accept in a very few CL games where some people come to see Ronaldo, Messi, etc.

Traditionally City had a tight hard core support that would go every home league game come what may, whatever division but we could never sell out midweek Cup games. We'd wait years dreaming of getting to an FA Cup Final, or a League Cup Final and a League Cup quarter final against a West Ham was a massive occasion but the ground would not be full. Now we can sell out a Port vale cup game, or CL group games in midweek. There's a periphery of new match-going fans who are around the club. These are not tourists. They are new fans. That's my opinion. I can't really prove it.

People are sensitive to difference and describe this group in some terms but it doesn't make them less enthusiastic in my opinion. From what I observe the quietest of supporters are the regulars who have got used to seeing City win and just sit back passively for what they see as routine games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.