Whoopee cushion at the snooker

it was sir alex ferguson listening to the game on his radio squeaky bum time

true but guess he was calming the audience down.
Your guess is wrong mate. I think it was Dennis Taylor saying it.

I can't watch snooker anymore, especially when I can watch paint dry instead. Too many boring mechanical potters in the game with no charisma.
Both players showed no sign of being amused which sums up what I'm saying.

Alex Higgins RIP

I can't watch snooker anymore, especially when I can watch paint dry instead. Too many boring mechanical potters in the game with no charisma.

Alex Higgins RIP
Alex higgins was a twat of the highest order.
Trump, Rocket, Bisowski, Robertson, Ding, Un Nooh all flair players.

Unlike in 2013

Having said that, I think it's some stupid Youtube attention seekers trying to get views of their channel, which makes it slightly more annoying.

I've never understood why certain sportsmen need absolute silence in order to do their sport. Why do tennis players need silence but badminton players can play in a room full of people chanting?

Alex higgins was a twat of the highest order.
Trump, Rocket, Bisowski, Robertson, Ding, Un Nooh all flair players.
Whether he was a twat or not I'm not bothered about. And what has that got to do with his snooker talents anyway?

Without Higgins the game would have never taken off the way it did. Boring old farts Ray Reardon, Fred and Joe Davies, Terry(yayn) griffiths, Cliff Thorburn and a few others were about as exciting as watching paint dry, albeit very good professional players.

The game owes Higgins far more recognition than he ever got, probably because he was a lovable rogue frowned upon by the stiff upper lip BBC who thought (and still think) Steve 'interesting' Davies was what was needed. A cold cynical potting machine with the charisma of a dead squid. Higgins and Jimmy White were a breath of fresh air needed amongst the stagnation of the game struggling to gain viewers on televised Pot black and World Snooker Championship.

If it wasn't for those two, especially Alex Higgins the game wouldn't be anywhere near where it is nowadays, like I say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.