How are we feeling about renewals

It would never cross my mind not to renew, supporting City is part of who I am, that might sound over dramatic, but it's true. I've supported City for as long as I can remember, it's woven in to my memories of my mum and dad and my two brothers, Hugh Ferris and VAR can't change that.

Last edited:
First time in my life im thinking twice about it. My conclusion is to move seats and see how it goes for another season.

VAR has ruined me to a point. Also feel a huge disconnect with the club. That £20 rise last year wound me up. It wasnt the money ... it was the fact there was no need.

Also find it painful that 90% of teams come to waste time. I could take that as a compliment but its killing the atmosphere. The ref warned there goaly 3 times on saturday about time wasting. Did nowt.

so ask me again in a years time. At the moment im happier watching it at the pub

Next season will be my last as an adult,paying the adult rate. The season after - 2021/22 - I will be a Senior Citizen as far as the club is concerned and my season card will be half price.
I will be re-newing every year until I am 70,and then see how I still feel about attending live games.
I am in the same boat,doubt I'll renew though . Its a bit of an effort for me especially as the result is predetermined. Add then kick off times and it just isn't worth it.

I'm going to renew for next year but if VAR continues to manipulate the outcome of the league I'll be calling it a day after that.

The other things that come into this decision making process are;

kick off times
traffic (mis) management around the stadium
Lack of bottle by the club in dealing with media bias (grow some balls and get a proper Malcolm Tucker figure in to the PR dept)
tourists in the ground
opposition fans in home areas
stewards that seem hell bent on ruining the day

and here is one that I actually find really annoying....

Sponsor advertising in the ground with predominantly red branding. This should absolutely not be allowed, if Marathon Bet want to sponsor us they should be told, yeah, great but you do blue themed advertising in the ground.

Its a big time & £ commitment for me to turn up week in week out and I'd like to see some of these peripheral factors get addressed

Season ticket holder for 46 years now and VAR is beginning to piss me off. Don't want to stop going to home games, that only hurts the Club and I won't do that. Have enough ticket points to pick and choose my away games and not go to the awkward ones that involve long travel and poor KO times. FA will not cancel VAR, it's too important to TV companies.

So many brilliant replies , for me my biggest gripe over VAR at the moment is genuinely the KO times the fact we had 6 late kick offs in a row was a piss take. Push comes to shove the constant fannying around with times is what will do it for me. At first it’s pleasing sky, then BT , now it’s amazon prime , who else could it be next ...

So many brilliant replies , for me my biggest gripe over VAR at the moment is genuinely the KO times the fact we had 6 late kick offs in a row was a piss take. Push comes to shove the constant fannying around with times is what will do it for me. At first it’s pleasing sky, then BT , now it’s amazon prime , who else could it be next ...

The paying public? i.e. the FANS!!! ...................................... nah, too optimistic to think that that will ever happen.

Sorry @bzekosilva just having a daft half hour. I know it will never happen. :-( :-)

I think they will sort VAR next season. I'll never stop going to City. It's a life sentence with no parole. To much emotion invested now to jack it in. I love drinking in the Northen Quarter and matchdays make the winter bearable in this country.

Football’s being ruined bit by bit season after season and to be honest I’m not really feeling the love anymore but I will renew as I want to be here for Sergio’s last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.