Sheffield United (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the away pubs are? Haven't been to Bramhall Lane since **looks up** 8.9.90 (bloody hell!) & must have been my first non London solo away trip.
It wasn't publicised as an all ticket fixture but helpfully South yorks police weren't letting anyone not in home colours without a ticket anywhere near the ground.
This turned out to be a depressingly familiar situation throughout the early to mid nineties I.e poor or non-existent organisation & communication regarding whether away games were ticket only or whether you could pay on the gate or not, making some away games a real gamble.
This resulted in predictably chaotic scenes all too common from this era with large numbers of blues turned away & openly hostile plod.
I ended up heading back south with some London blues & rang up home at a then dilapidated St P to get someone to look up the score on teletext.
Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow.

I’m not surprised Benj has muscle fatigue after all the running he did on Saturday, easy enough to rest him for tomorrow.

Stones, I wouldn’t play anyway, seeing as his head is fucked. Hopefully Pep using this slight injury to keep him out of the firing line whilst he gets his shit together.

I’d go with:

Eddie

Nico
Rodri
Dinho

Kyle
Kev
Bernie
Zinchenko

Mahrez
Jesus
Sergio

ill try
Ederson
Walker Fernandinho Otamendi Zinchenko
Debruyne Rodri Silva
Marhez Aguero Sterling

I cannot believe that so many people keep selecting Mendy! You lot must be watching a different bloke seriously! He's possibly the worse value for money signing this club has ever made (and we've had some duffers) and frankly if we could give him away this month and clear his wage bill then it's a deal worth taking.

Not only can he not defend or have any defensive awareness at all, his offensive play (based on the countless times he is played in) is painful to witness. He must have had over 10 opportunities yesterday to deliver a 1st time cross but instead chose to take 3 touches and then not be able to cross as the ball was stuck under his feet. He is the epitome in some respects the product of modern day youth coaching, where far too much emphasis is based on physical strength at the expense of touch and football brain. In short, he's bloody shocking.
With Kun, Mendy was our best player on Saturday. Contributed loads both offensively and in defence. Were you watching the game?

Can't see Pep picking Stones after Saturday.
It sounds like he has an injury but if he was at training I am hoping it's not too serious. I read the comments on here after the game but they did not correspond to what I watched. Stones got beat in the air at a corner but he was not the only player who was beaten at that corner, and their equaliser was a collective failure.

Stones is struggling but more I think because of fitness and because of uncertainty over his central defensive partner.

I cannot believe that so many people keep selecting Mendy! You lot must be watching a different bloke seriously! He's possibly the worse value for money signing this club has ever made (and we've had some duffers) and frankly if we could give him away this month and clear his wage bill then it's a deal worth taking.

Not only can he not defend or have any defensive awareness at all, his offensive play (based on the countless times he is played in) is painful to witness. He must have had over 10 opportunities yesterday to deliver a 1st time cross but instead chose to take 3 touches and then not be able to cross as the ball was stuck under his feet. He is the epitome in some respects the product of modern day youth coaching, where far too much emphasis is based on physical strength at the expense of touch and football brain. In short, he's bloody shocking.

He was close to being MoM against Palace. Everything went through him. Too much imo. It was the most one-sided attack I have seen from City in a long time. I was struck by the amount of balls that Mendy was playing first time. He also assisted Aguero with a pin-point cross.

If you had made that comment a month ago I would have understood but not now. Every game he improves just that little bit more. We're starting to see now the player we first bought whose assists were incredible. He was very different to Leroy but was keeping him out of the side because his crossing was so good.

With Stones and Mendy looking like they need to miss this game, it could be that we see Laporte on the bench?

With Stones and Mendy looking like they need to miss this game, it could be that we see Laporte on the bench?
Based on Pep's comments, I'd be surprised. Fulham would be an ideal game to give him some minutes.

It sounds like he has an injury but if he was at training I am hoping it's not too serious. I read the comments on here after the game but they did not correspond to what I watched. Stones got beat in the air at a corner but he was not the only player who was beaten at that corner, and their equaliser was a collective failure.

Stones is struggling but more I think because of fitness and because of uncertainty over his central defensive partner.
And the fact he's got his head up his arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.