Burns Week

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
Just been to Wetherspoons in Middleton and they are having a Burns Week promotion.
So they have Scottish food and drinks on special offer.
One of the meals that is on offer is Haggis,Neets and Tatties.
There is a photo and description of this Caledonian treat.
God it looks absolutely disgusting.
Haggis (sheeps stomach stuffed with barley and onion), swede and mashed potatoes.
No wonder our friends from North of Hadrians Wall always seem to be angry,I would be absolutely livid if I ever had to eat food like this.
Mind you,the fact that they each consume approx. 1 litre of Scotch each day must also contribute to the overall mood of the nation.
But I suppose that at least it washes away the taste of any Neets they have eaten that day.
If Haggis et al. is supposed to be the national dish then I say let Scotland have her independence.

aside from the fact its NEEPS not neets ( neeps as in turnips or turneeps in a Scots dialect ) and haggis is a marvellous dish - good for you too.

Having said that as an abomination I read that the Co-op are doing a haggis pizza for Burns week ffs !! Makes ham and pineapple look fucking normal.

aside from the fact its NEEPS not neets ( neeps as in turnips or turneeps in a Scots dialect ) and haggis is a marvellous dish - good for you too.

Having said that as an abomination I read that the Co-op are doing a haggis pizza for Burns week ffs !! Makes ham and pineapple look fucking normal.
Turnips and swedes were often on the menu when I was at school in the 1960s. I absolutely hated the taste and texture of both root vegetables then,and still do now.
I'd rather go hungry than eat that shit.

Turnips and swedes were often on the menu when I was at school in the 1960s. I absolutely hated the taste and texture of both root vegetables then,and still do now.
I'd rather go hungry than eat that shit.

Good stuff mate - full of vitamins and roughage - do you the world of good. Anyway I preferred that branch of Wetherspoons when it was Woolworths anyway.

Good stuff mate - full of vitamins and roughage - do you the world of good. Anyway I preferred that branch of Wetherspoons when it was Woolworths anyway.
God you must be as old as me. I think Woolies closed the shop and moved into the top floor of The Arndale Centre where they were re-branded as Woolco. Must have been circa 1971.
I took my 93 year old Dad with me today,and he remembers it being Burtons in the 1950s - As he calls it "The Fifty Bob Tailor".

Had a Burns supper every year since moving to Scotland, sometimes at home just the family. Can’t beat though a proper Burns super Scotch broth, piped in Haggis, Cranachan and lots of Whisky. Plus doing some Burns reading and getting the drunken Englishman to take his turn at the readings for extra comedy value. Unfortunately this year will miss it as coming down for the Fulham game.

If you go to a good butcher in Scotland, you can buy one of the great dishes of the world. A good Haggis is marvellous with a really subtle flavour. Tatties and neeps set it off nicely. Beats tripe and onions.

Haggis is spot on! The one from that very Wetherspoons was had on Saturday after the game, not bad at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.