How are we feeling about renewals

My missus always takes a flask of bovril and a sandwich or pie in during the winter and never had a problem you must have been unlucky and got a jobs worth or a rag
It was quite surreal. It started with the restriction on bag size (at that time they said no bigger than A4). I was cycling in with waterproofs, helmet etc. and my flask and butties, so called supporter services to ask if I could use a slightly bigger bag (that would still go under my seat) or leave it somewhere safe.
They asked why I needed a bigger bag and when I mentioned my flask / butties they told me they weren't allowed. I, in my naivety, said that I'd always taken them, that the stewards always saw them and so it must be allowed. They responded by saying they'd have a word with the stewards and it wouldn't be allowed to happen again.
I was talking to them as a supporter identified by my supporters number so they knew which gate I used and exactly where I sat.
I'd been honest and it earned me a personal flask and butty ban.
Ultimately saved me a fortune.

I'm interested in this bit about the club "loving us". I recall them "loving us" from some point between the summer of 96 and the summer of 98 when they realised that getting rid of the joker in chief (Alan Ball) and replacing him with a series of other jokers, wasn't the greatest strategy. They needed us for that season in the third division and kept up the charm offensive until we moved to the Etihad. Then we had more rules (or more application of the rules) and more jobsworth stewards. Scrapping the loyalty point system was confirmation the club don't care about those who attend games. If I wanted to support my team only via the medium of television I'd be a fucking rag.

Gave it up in 2016 when I succumbed to my belief there is underhand corruption influencing matches and City were alienating a lot of their fan base.

Feel relieved. Can’t imagine planning my weekend and losing it attending a game that gets folk red with rage, when I feel all too ambivalent towards it.

Well I will renew till the day I die. What else do you do on a Saturday? And it’s only 19 times a year.

No brainier.
Trouble is it is not always a Saturday and even if it is will not always be 3pm. However I prefer to watch my football in the flesh and will keep renewing as long as I remain healthy. More likely to stop watching televised matches due to the dreadful punditry and shockingly biased commentaries.

P.S. - Just given up my golf club membership after 45 years at the same course, so have more disposable income.

Last edited:
Will probably renew, had a ST at Maine Rd for years, and one at the Etihad now since 2006. Sacked off the cup games last year, but have been to a few anyway. Not been to an away game for years as I only have 8000 points which is a piss take for going to pretty much every home game since 2006, refused to pay for platinum. I know Southampton etc sometimes goes down to my points but the cost to get there etc is beyond me. Club has pretty much doubled my cost over the years, I know ultimately the club need to make money but they really don't care about match going fans who have no brass to spend, have done for a long time...

Nothings perfect and it never has been. It’s the tram journey that gets on my tits the most and I can’t see that improving.

It hasn’t entered my head not to renew and for that I think I’m lucky.

I'm interested in this bit about the club "loving us". I recall them "loving us" from some point between the summer of 96 and the summer of 98 when they realised that getting rid of the joker in chief (Alan Ball) and replacing him with a series of other jokers, wasn't the greatest strategy. They needed us for that season in the third division and kept up the charm offensive until we moved to the Etihad. Then we had more rules (or more application of the rules) and more jobsworth stewards. Scrapping the loyalty point system was confirmation the club don't care about those who attend games. If I wanted to support my team only via the medium of television I'd be a fucking rag.
And when was the loyalty point system 'scrapped'?

As I said not a personal attack, you just happened to echo many of the views expressed on this thread.
The fans loved the club so much that they rioted outside the Main Stand on more than one occasion, demanding Swales out, and MrSwales on his part is said to have taken much money out of the club he loved .

I loved walking through puddles too, until I was five anyway.-;)
My granddaughter loves jumping in muddy puddles. She's 3 in May. I blame Peppa Pig.

I always take a soft drink (fruit shoot) and sandwiches. I tell them (if they find them) that I'm diabetic and the KO times play havoc with me trying to time meals. Never had a query yet.
As for next season, I'm seriously considering packing it in, for all the reasons mentioned already. In no particular order: VAR, cheating, timewasting, refereeing "standards", etc. I'm beginning to not enjoy watching it now, especially when we score and then have to sit there wondering what excuse they can think of to disallow it.

I first watched City In 1959 when Les McDowell was the manager, and, apart from a few years when the girls were growing up and I couldn't be in 2 places at once, I've watched them home, away, and abroad in those 60 years. If I do decide to leave, it will be with a heavy heart - thank Colin I now have a pacemaker. I'll be missing a few matches shortly, including Wembley (if we get there), as I'm having cataract surgery on both eyes in the next few weeks, but at least I'll be able to see what's going on better when I return - for how long, I still don't know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.