Dating apps

Not read all the replies but if you’re a bloke there’s app called Bumble which is free although you can pay to see who likes you but basically if you match the female has to message first. That way you know they’re at least slightly interested to begin with, which is a start. With thx others you can send loads of messages and get no reply. After finishing with my long term partner I gave that a go and met some decent women. No real spark as yet but I think of them all Bumble seems to have the most genuine people.

Exactly like me....these past two years I've got fitter than I've ever been and my confidence higher than ever (though I'm historically coming from a low shy point!).
However, over Christmas it's all hit me again. Despite splitting two years ago we've all lived together co parenting (for a variety of reasons really, one is the fact we have an autistic daughter which takes up a lot of energy!) but I'm probably (finally) going to be moving out of the next couple of weeks and I've gone rock bottom again (not that anyone would guess as I still appear cheery and I'm at the gym with daughter every day). Always thought I'd be far happier on my own...but I think the reality may be different and I'm getting very agitated and melonacholic of the loneliness)...the kids more than anything (though I'll be a five-10 minute walk away hopefully and with access to the family home whenever).
Maybe I just have to hold on tight and get through it. I could obviously never have another relationship whilst living here (though my ex is over 18 months into a new relationship) - that was clear from the tinder dates I had, sadly.
Stick with it mate. Christmas was hard for me, got a lot of good support on here which was an absolute godsend for me, feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel now. I've been messing about on the apps, passes lonely time as much as anything and I've realised there's a big world out there I can explore again.
Being close to the kids will help and hopefully you'll get best value of your time with them - I appreciate time with my daughter more than anything now and if there's a positive to take away it's that I might even be a better dad now

Stick with it mate. Christmas was hard for me, got a lot of good support on here which was an absolute godsend for me, feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel now. I've been messing about on the apps, passes lonely time as much as anything and I've realised there's a big world out there I can explore again.
Being close to the kids will help and hopefully you'll get best value of your time with them - I appreciate time with my daughter more than anything now and if there's a positive to take away it's that I might even be a better dad now
As long as it's adult consenting 'fun', nowt wrong with dating sites. It's just that I've been there and done the fun bit. But the chance to meet someone for more than fun is too hard a slog for me so I'm no longer interested in dating sites.

Good luck to anyone who goes on them.

I don't get it. You're single, so why have one relationship at a time?

I'm married now, but I when I was single I was like a dog on heat with all with that lovely free pussy everywhere (it also helped that I worked on the door at the time!)! I super miss my single days, although I do like being married.

I have a smile every now and then about my past enjoyable shenanigans (had 4 or 5 on the go at one point, ended up in a disaster!)

But if this relationship broke down I wouldn't commit ever again!!

;)
Don’t get me wrong, I go through phases where I can be speaking to or even seeing a few girls at a time and I’ve had a few girls who I can call on at 2am on a Saturday night for some no strings...

But at other times I actually sit back and put my feet up contently knowing I have absolutely nothing on the go and enjoy the peace and quiet and not having to have my phone next to me all the time.

Don’t get me wrong, I go through phases where I can be speaking to or even seeing a few girls at a time and I’ve had a few girls who I can call on at 2am on a Saturday night for some no strings...

But at other times I actually sit back and put my feet up contently knowing I have absolutely nothing on the go and enjoy the peace and quiet and not having to have my phone next to me all the time.

Been there, bro!

For me the entertainment was to fill the boredom.

And the random knocks on my door were just bonus time fillers.

I had a simple philosophy that kept women coming back: My House, My Rules.

I think it was about abandoning power to me and so, they wanted to 'break me/ tame the wild man'.

'Twas fun.

As long as it's adult consenting 'fun', nowt wrong with dating sites. It's just that I've been there and done the fun bit. But the chance to meet someone for more than fun is too hard a slog for me so I'm no longer interested in dating sites.

Good luck to anyone who goes on them.
That's the mindset I'm in at the moment, I don't have the bandwidth for anything serious so it's a good bit of escapism for me. In terms or long-term - no, it won't be the answer but that's a way off in the distance for me at the moment.
Unless I meet Charlize Theron on there. That's different.

My wife died 2 1/2 years ago and at 47 I'm half and half about staying single or meeting someone. I know my kids wouldn't like it initially (16 & 19) but hey we all have to move on, though I do have to consider them.
Weather is through an app or just wait for a chance meeting I haven't decided yet.
Bit terrified to be honest. I'd only slept with my wife and the thought of my saggy nuts hitting the floor when i undress makes me groan inwardly. I'm totally lacking in experience and confidence.
Is it par for the course nowadays to sleep together on a first date anyway?

My wife died 2 1/2 years ago and at 47 I'm half and half about staying single or meeting someone. I know my kids wouldn't like it initially (16 & 19) but hey we all have to move on, though I do have to consider them.
Weather is through an app or just wait for a chance meeting I haven't decided yet.
Bit terrified to be honest. I'd only slept with my wife and the thought of my saggy nuts hitting the floor when i undress makes me groan inwardly. I'm totally lacking in experience and confidence.
Is it par for the course nowadays to sleep together on a first date anyway?
Sad to hear your wife died and left you in a predicament mate. You have your kids to consider and rightfully so, makes you a responsible father who is guarded over letting them meet potential 'aunties' too frequently. But your kids aren't young kids and they'll probably want to see you meet someone and be happy as they can tell when you get down and lonely.

I played the field to a certain extent wanting to date, to hold a woman and have my confidence boosted after a painful divorce. I felt wanted, although I knew I couldn't just give my heart to anyone, they had to make do with lust and good times.

But life is largely what we make it providing we have the cards to play how we want to. If you want to empty your saggy nuts(to put it crudely; ) go fill your boots, it's out there and there's no harm in dating to have fun. But it seems to me you maybe want a more, a meaningful relationship. My advice if you choose to go on a dating site is to look yourself in the mirror, sit down and describe yourself truthfully, no bullshit. Who you are and who you are looking for. Try and write a bit of self depreciating humour in about yourself, women like to laugh. If you can cook then it's a bonus they like. List your interests, don't overly put selfish interests though where it looks like you're a mountaineer or bivvied up angler or a cross country metal detector etc. If you like travel weekends away trips to seaside, countryside, even say you like a bit of shopping if they ask lol.

Come across as confident , they don't want to be a shoulder to cry on when you tell them about how down you've been, how much you're missing your Mrs, how your kids are struggling to cope etc etc. All that comes in time when you are in a loving relationship when you can trust and confide in one another. Put a few recent pics up of yourself, not ones holding a 30lb carp, on a big motorbike or against your flashy car or big house in background. It will only interest chancing gold diggers.

There are decent women out there, and the decent ones familiar with dating sites can soon spot genuine guys.

But if you want some fun I say go for it. Much fun to be had, even with saggy knackers mate. A gentle teabagging before putting your arms on your head whilst swinging your hips as you straddle, like those 70 clackers.

Good luck clacker knackers; )

Last edited:
Sad to hear your wife died and left you in a predicament mate. You have your kids to consider and rightfully so, makes you a responsible father who is guarded over letting them meet potential 'aunties' too frequently. But your kids aren't young kids and they'll probably want to see you meet someone and be happy as they can tell when you get down and lonely.

I played the field to a certain extent wanting to date, to hold a woman and have my confidence boosted after a painful divorce. I felt wanted, although I knew I couldn't just give my heart to anyone, they had to make do with lust and good times.

But life is largely what we make it providing we have the cards to play how we want to. If you want to empty your saggy nuts(to put it crudely; ) go fill your boots, it's out there and there's no harm in dating to have fun. But it seems to me you maybe want a more, a meaningful relationship. My advice if you choose to go on a dating site is to look yourself in the mirror, sit down and describe yourself truthfully, no bullshit. Who you are and who you are looking for. Try and write a bit of self depreciating humour in about yourself, women like to laugh. If you can cook then it's a bonus they like. List your interests, don't overly put selfish interests though where it looks like you're a mountaineer or bivvied up angler or a cross country metal detector etc. If you like travel weekends away trips to seaside, countryside, even say you like a bit of shopping if they ask lol.

Come across as confident , they don't want to be a shoulder to cry on when you tell them about how down you've been, how much you're missing your Mrs, how your kids are struggling to cope etc etc. All that comes in time when you are in a loving relationship when you can trust and confide in one another. Put a few recent pics up of yourself, not ones holding a 30lb carp, on a big motorbike or against your flashy car or big house in background. It will only interest chancing gold diggers.

There are decent women out there, and the decent ones familiar with dating sites can soon spot genuine guys.

But if you want some fun I say go for it. Much fun to be had, even with saggy knackers mate. A gentle teabagging before putting your arms on your head whilst swinging your hips as you straddle, like those 70 clackers.

Good luck clacker knackers; )

Haha, good advice thanks pal :)

Been there, bro!

For me the entertainment was to fill the boredom.

And the random knocks on my door were just bonus time fillers.

I had a simple philosophy that kept women coming back: My House, My Rules.

I think it was about abandoning power to me and so, they wanted to 'break me/ tame the wild man'.

'Twas fun.
Oh I never take any of them back to my flat, you never know if you’ll end up with a stalker!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.