Changing the formation every week

My point wasn't that statistics tell the whole story. I've never made such a point. And didn't mention xG today either. My point was that the reason we concede chances and goals isn't that we are impotent at creating chances without committing many bodies including the FBs in attack.

Your point: we struggle in attack without having players providing width, therefore we push FBs to go forward which results in chances for the opposition and conceded goals. It isn't sound for me but seems to be your pet idea, which, of course, you are entitled to repeat as many times as you like.

I think we have bigger problems than not having enough width, but that's me.
Very selective ;) I'll leave you to it.

Oops...

Ederson, AN Other
Walker, Cancelo
Mendy, Zinchenko, Angeliño
THB, Garcia, Stones, Laporte, AN Other
Rodrigo, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Doyle
KDB, Bernardo
Foden, AN Other
Sterling, Mahrez, Sané
Aguero, Jesus, AN Other

Agreed. Players like Mahrez, Rodrigo, and Foden and Jesus have earned the right to play. What has Sterling done lately to earn the right to play 80 mins especially when he was so poor. I love Pep but he’s a little arrogant to think we can just swap players around and think we can keep the standards we’ve been at the last two games.
I agree but I don't think it's arrogance from Pep. I believe he just over thinks it sometimes.

I think rotation is working If anything we need more of it not less, if we had Ota instead of Stones we would have probably won.

After the Burnely game everyone was asking to keep the same time for the United game, and surprisingly Pep kept pretty much the same line up, guess what we still lost. If we had the same line up as Villa the result might have been worse.

It's clear that the desire to win league games is not as strong as last year, most of our good performances are because of the talent of our players not hard work. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!"

If you look at the second goal half of the team share the blame, it's hard hard to sustain the same level of focus for several seasons, in most sports often winning teams take a "break" every other year, none won the league twice in a row in recent years.

Hopefully I'm wrong and Fernandinho is back in his best position but looks like it's another new formation tonight, I wonder how the players will adjust.

Pep was asked in the post-match press conference whether he will use 3 at the back more often and he said something along the lines of it we will use it occasionally depending on the opponent and players available.

Sometimes changing formations work sometimes it doesnt .Think we tend to change them a bit to often causing a lack of understanding with some players

Do City players really look like they are unfamiliar with their roles in the side?

Pep was asked in the post-match press conference whether he will use 3 at the back more often and he said something along the lines of it we will use it occasionally depending on the opponent and players available.

Do City players really look like they are unfamiliar with their roles in the side?
Sometimes Yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.