Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Laporte back and firing. Play the best team in the CL. That means no Silva, No Gundogan, probably no Sterling at the moment. If we put out a team that can harass and press then the defence doesnt get exposed as much. We can go far.
Laporte is going to take several months to get back up to speed, he is not going to come back into the team and solve all the problems.

Laporte is going to take several months to get back up to speed, he is not going to come back into the team and solve all the problems.
I agree he won’t. But some of our problems come from dropping players on form. We can’t play gundogan and Silva in the cl in my opinion. Has to be Bernardo Rodri and kev. We need the energy to press and control. Then it make it easier on the defence.

We are when we play teams that want to go toe to toe with us
When we play teams that sit back, that's when we struggle as we get bored and then caught out
Not sure bored us the right word, more like frustrated and incompetent defending.

Peps struggling to decide his best eleven this season. Not sure why he’s dropping players who are playing Into form. How can you expect any consistency with different teams every game ? I think the Carabao cup is our best bet for a trophy this year. Two winnable games. Hopefully we’ll finish the league top 3 as well.

Peps struggling to decide his best eleven this season. Not sure why he’s dropping players who are playing Into form. How can you expect any consistency with different teams every game. I think the Carabao cup is our best bet for a trophy this year. Two winnable games. Hopefully we’ll finish the league top 3.
He’s not “dropping” them, he is using his squad because we have just come through a very busy time and have another hard game tomorrow! It’s called squad rotation.

We aren't going to dominate because there's Liverpool but we can compete with them equally.
Only if we invest intelligently with some proper defenders. Don’t forget Sergio, Fern and Merlin are almost coming to the end. We have a big rebuild ahead so thats going to leave the dippers to dominate for the next few years. We won’t compete equally but we’ll be their closest rivals.

He’s not “dropping” them, he is using his squad because we have just come through a very busy time and have another hard game tomorrow! It’s called squad rotation.
alright not dropping but why rotate Mahrez when he’s playing into form, it’s not like he’s worn out or over played. Bringing in Sterling in a poor run of form was bizarre and why not play our fastest defender against Zaha? I guess that’s why all the clubs bar the dippers are struggling for consistency ....too much rotation.

Secure top four in the league whilst giving plenty of minutes to Foden and Garcia. I’d also like Harwood Bellis and Doyle to be given some minutes, even if it's just a few minutes here and there when the game is done.

Go all out in the three cups. Whilst it’s not ideal to be nowhere near challenging for the title we might as well rest players like KDB and Aguero before both Madrid games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.