David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not a case of “being happy” mate, bar the odd complete wankstain on here, the vast majority hold Dave in legend status. Most seem to be of a similar opinion now that he should be on the bench in the majority of games, only starting when necessary due to injuries or big games on the horizon.

Personally, I just think that Bernie should be starting in the middle alongside Kev now, or Phil, with Dave as back up.
He has still arguably been more consistent than Bernardo this season who has had maybe 2 above average games. Not knocking BS but that is true imo & he is the one who a lot want to see in the middle.

I would have liked to have seen Phil Foden get regular 30 mins with the odd 60 mins rotated with DS. Would have kept DS fresh but still maintained his rhythm and given more game time for Phil. Phil's biggest area of development is game management which DS is the master of, you only get that from playing more minutes.

Gundogan is Pep's lovechild so he has played in the 8 position mostly when DS not started instead of Phil. That's a pity.

Will be interesting to see who plays in the 8 positions tonight KDB plus ?

I will be there. Can't wait.

As well as the inevitable effects of advancing years, David has suffered more than most from the absence of Sane - their combinations on the left were almost a guarantee of getting behind the opposition's back line time and again in the previous two seasons.

Pep's tolerance of Gundogan at times puzzles me, he can be sloppy with his passing which I would've thought is the last thing a Pep team would want especially when he plays in a deeper role.

He has still arguably been more consistent than Bernardo this season who has had maybe 2 above average games. Not knocking BS but that is true imo & he is the one who a lot want to see in the middle.

I would have liked to have seen Phil Foden get regular 30 mins with the odd 60 mins rotated with DS. Would have kept DS fresh but still maintained his rhythm and given more game time for Phil. Phil's biggest area of development is game management which DS is the master of, you only get that from playing more minutes.

Gundogan is Pep's lovechild so he has played in the 8 position mostly when DS not started instead of Phil. That's a pity.

Just hope it’s not Gundo otherwise I think I’ll not watch, lol.

Yeah, I agree with all of that, especially about David's game management which is second to none. Its why David seems to play 90 when we are up because Pep trusts him completely in those situations.

Foden should be getting more minutes, but competing with David and Bernardo is difficult enough, and even more so with Gundogan getting time there as well.

I gather David isn't backing up for this game (and fair enough) and I'm as interested as you Bluwhit as to whether it will be Bernardo of Foden fill that spot. Either way, I hope we win.

I agree about Bernardo but when he finally played in the middle he showed how good he can be. Picking on the right over an inform and confident Mahrez at the moment is the problem.

I’m always happy to see Foden and Bernardo play the 8 role instead of Gundogan who has performed better as a 6 for us. Personally would love to see David play an adapted form of Vieira’s role as our finisher. Have Bernardo or Foden run themselves ragged for an hour and have David control the last half an hour. They can play with greater intensity and energy which we usually need early on. Then have the maestro take over.

If we’re in front he keeps the ball better than anyone. If we need a goal the late stages in a match are when spaces start appearing and no better player for exploiting those spaces.

Not even in the match group. He's going to start against Fulham but shouldn't start games ahead of Foden.

Pep Guardiola on @21LVA: “He has to be proud for all that he has achieved in football - he has been consistent and, especially at this club, he will be always remembered as one of the biggest, biggest, biggest players ever to wear the Man City shirt..."

“If we’re talking about the top five, David is one of them, and I don’t say that lightly.” [@ManCity via @FourFourTwo]

Pep Guardiola on @21LVA: “He’s not interested in giving interviews, social media, Twitter, Instagram, any of that. And it seems like people like David get less recognition than people who do that all day..."

“But I’ll tell you something that he does have, and that’s the respect of his fellow professionals – of his team-mates, his rivals, his managers, managers he’s played against. And he has earned all of that..."

“Some have all the respect outside but inside the changing room they have none. David is exactly the opposite and that’s the best legacy he could have.”

Pep Guardiola on @21LVA: “He’s not interested in giving interviews, social media, Twitter, Instagram, any of that. And it seems like people like David get less recognition than people who do that all day..."

“But I’ll tell you something that he does have, and that’s the respect of his fellow professionals – of his team-mates, his rivals, his managers, managers he’s played against. And he has earned all of that..."

“Some have all the respect outside but inside the changing room they have none. David is exactly the opposite and that’s the best legacy he could have.”
Fantastic comments from Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.