All inc hols

Over here now Ric and sampling the all inclusive. Resort is very pretty with a nice promenade to take in the sea air. Food quality tip top and around a 20 minute stroll into town if the Mood takes. Current temperature is 16 and sunny but the resort is quite as it's out of season. We are at the Leonardo and it's for absolute pennies with sea view room. Upgraded drink package to premium but only because the gin is dreadful. Fifteen euros a day extra for top shelve so we think it's worth it. If you are taking pan lids then ordinary A. I is good to go with a great range on offer and round the clock entertainment for the kids. Loads of beaches and things to do but you wouldn't like it right now as it resembles a scene from the film Cocoon. All inclusive has lots to offer but each to there own and I accept it's not for everyone. Tonight we are having a saxophonist and we also have a nightclub aptly called the blue lounge. I think you will enjoy paphos.
Is it still swamped with Russians? I know there is a sizeable community living in Cyprus now.

Fantastic if you have young kids.

Wouldn't bother if not got kids

Agree with this. Me and Mrs Flyer have done 2 all inclusive holidays and have sworn never to do them again. If you have kids they can make a lot of sense financially. The problem we have is that they kill the local bars and restaurants because the people who used to use them now never leave the hotel. We met some really nice people who owned bars and restaurants around the Sensatori in Crete a few years back and they were on their arse with the drop in trade. We love being out with the locals but the growth of all inclusive is painful for the traditional places

Just in case anyone is off to the Balearics, new rules for All Inclusive.
This below is from ABTA

Please click here to view a press release that ABTA have received on behalf of the Balearic Islands Government regarding a new law that has been introduced to address antisocial behaviour as a result of excessive alcohol consumption in certain tourism areas of the Balearic Islands.

The Decree Law will be valid for a period of five years, with its territorial scope being limited to specific areas of El Arenal and Magaluf, Mallorca and the West End of San Antonio, Ibiza, and will cover the following five main areas of action:

• Prohibits jumping between balconies, excursions promoting excessive consumption of alcohol, and the sale of alcohol at a global price, amongst other elements
  • The suspension of any new licenses for party boats and establishing limitations on activity in certain areas
  • The regulations are limited to three areas (Arenal and Magaluf and the West End of Sant Antonio) for a period of five years
  • The penalty-based-system includes fines of up to 600,000 euros and suspension of activity for up to three years
  • The rule will respect the contracts already signed between tour operators and hoteliers to prevent any legal or contractual issues

The release also indicates that in all-inclusive properties within specified areas, alcoholic drinks will be limited to six per day (three during the lunch timetable and three during the evening timetable).

ABTA will be seeking further clarification from the Balearic Islands Government regarding the full scope and implementation of the new legislation and will provide Members with updates as appropriate.

Fuck me you are having a saxophonist tonite. Is that medium or rare. With salad or chips. You fat ba****d

A Saxophone is an instrument from the woodwind family usually made of brass and played with a single feed mouthpiece you neanderlithic oddity. You don't eat them just because they're available at an A.I resort and they are only played to discerning audiences that appreciate the finer nuances of lives journey. My wife and I were deeply moved by his ability as he ripped into his first track with great embouch and posture and a consummate professional that showed good use of a single lip embodiment techniques described in the seminal works of Larry Teal. All good things come to an end and as he ripped into a final rendition of baker street we both held our heads in homage to a master craftsman having plied his craft. Then we both went to the nightclub to get wankered and have a dance.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac
Is it still swamped with Russians? I know there is a sizeable community living in Cyprus now.

I haven't seen many but quite a mixed bunch of Europeans and we also met a few families from tel aviv who come here regularly. Only a few hundred miles of the coast for them so probably their equivalent of Benidorm. Playing snooker with their lad this morning whilst the wife goes for a float in the spa salt pool.

Wouldnt bother doing one in europe as we tend to have smaller resorts and its buffet etc but went to Mexico for two weeks and the complex was massive about 8 restaurants all a la carte, different bars to choose from different pools etc, just completely different scale.

Two weeks, family of 5. Talking €5k
Luckily since we booked the price is now about €6500 but it’s a hell of a lot of money.
Do you all think this is money well spent or do you get sick of it after two weeks in the canteen hall
The great thing about it for me is the kids can just go up and get whatever they fancy, be it eggs cooked 4 diff ways or whatnot
Depends where you go and how good the all inclusive is .If it a huge complex with many bars & restaurants should be ok .If just small hotel can get a bit boring .Seems alot of money so the kids can get different sorts of eggs lol

I'll just add, that All inclusive ski chalet holidays are awesome, and depending on the resort you go to can be great value for money. We've done AI in the 3 valleys on 3 previous occasions, and the standard of accom, food and drink costs far less than if you paid for them individually. Hard to go back to anything else when skiing.

AI is only worth it if it’s a full resort with vast choice of bars and restaurants. I’ve done it around 12 times in Mexico, twice in Cuba, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Mauritius.
Everyone had at least 6 restaurants as well as the main buffet style that tends to be open all day. They mostly had their own beach as well as several pools and huge program of entertainment. These places are built for AI whereas most places in Europe are basically normal hotels that have jumped on the bandwagon and offer a tiny fraction of what a decent AI should be.
Each to their own though, we all have our reasons for choosing the options we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.