Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secure 2nd spot beat Liverpool at home, beat United at OT & go all out for the cups. As long as Liverpool don't beat our points record they can have what they have worked hard for. It's a big if but if we won the champions League the season would have been great no matter what happened in the league.

I would honestly settle for the League Cup & FA Cup.

And we are perfectly capable of beating any of those four teams over two legs on our day.

Fully agree that we had a golden opportunity last season though and made a mess of it by conceding soft goals
Llorente’s “goal” touched his arm and lo and behold, the angle was found after the goal was given.

Silverware, 2nd place in the Prem.

Summer: At least £200M spent on at least 4 new players and Pep renews his contract for an additional 2 years.
Totally agree but I can see the spend going a lot higher, although I think there will be some serious selling done to, some that might be a major surprise.

You’ve been marked, Mr Sexface, and I think and hope you’re right. That would be a wonderful two fingers to this country’s narcissistic media.
It wouldn't register with our media, Liverpool's title win would be all they talked about

It wouldn't register with our media, Liverpool's title win would be all they talked about
Depends. For commercial reasons they’ve decided to throw all their eggs in one basket. This strategy could prove to be the straw that breaks the camels back and may result in less commercial revenue as neutrals reject this narrative. Maybe, just maybe, in day three months, the tide starts to turn and the neutral looks upon City fondly as they go on to win the cup. Pipe dreams I know but stranger things have happened...

The players and Pep need to know that they need to do two things to stop the last 2 seasons being completely erased from the public collective memory.

1) Beat Liverpool and stop them going invincible.
2) Win the Champions League.

It's not fair, in fact it's a load of shite, but unless we manage that then Liverpool are going to be declared best team ever in the history of the world and Klopp canonised immediately, and City will get marginalised as per.

We should also expect the League Cup is won from here, it would be a pretty big upset if we lost to United or Leicester/Villa.

The players and Pep need to know that they need to do two things to stop the last 2 seasons being completely erased from the public collective memory.

1) Beat Liverpool and stop them going invincible.
2) Win the Champions League.

It's not fair, in fact it's a load of shite, but unless we manage that then Liverpool are going to be declared best team ever in the history of the world and Klopp canonised immediately, and City will get marginalised as per.
Winning a domestic Cup double would be overshadowed by Liverpool's title win but it would still be a good achievement that we could look back on with pride. It will also nurtureand maintain this City team to hit back in 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.