Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

I posted 40 pages ago that fuck all will happen and guess what, fuck all has happened and fuck all will happen. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be starting next season in the national league!
My worry is that this might have been prevalent behaviour as coaches and scouting staff moved around the country, due to the system having poor security and perhaps one or two other teams don't want this to be looked into further. The system obviously didn't flag up access from new IP addresses which should be standard behaviour these days.

My worry is that this might have been prevalent behaviour as coaches and scouting staff moved around the country, due to the system having poor security and perhaps one or two other teams don't want this to be looked into further. The system obviously didn't flag up access from new IP addresses which should be standard behaviour these days.
The logon of a City employee was used by a former City employee to access information belonging to City so, the only poor security was allowing someone to know a password and not changing it frequently. This does not excuse the illegal use though. With respect to IP addresses then it would probably make it far to restrictive for the users who would probably need to use it at home or when travelling, maybe with a VPN

Maybe that is why we released the info to the Times. 'You go after us and we will create a shit storm, this is just one of many pieces of dirt we have'...…….. Basically telling everyone in power that they do not want to go after us and it is best to bury everything.

I hope that’s not the case. hopefully we don’t have to “haggle” and settle for this to go away in exchange for FFP to be dropped.

The logon of a City employee was used by a former City employee to access information belonging to City so, the only poor security was allowing someone to know a password and not changing it frequently. This does not excuse the illegal use though. With respect to IP addresses then it would probably make it far to restrictive for the users who would probably need to use it at home or when travelling, maybe with a VPN
In modern day systems with good security, they use 2-factor authentication, so if an attempt to login to a system is made from a new IP address (or even an unrecognised device from the same IP address) it will send an authentication code to a registered mobile or email address to warn the legitimate user of the attempt and to 'register' that IP or device as legitimate. This is more prevalent today but even banks are only just getting it in place so I'm guessing it may not have been in place back in 2011-2013.

I'm only raising this point as I am also perplexed why it isn't a bigger story, perhaps there is much more going on. I'm not denying the crime that has been discovered or covering their activity, just trying to expand the picture a bit.

If this was the other way around would city have been investigated properly
We'd have had a trial-by-media months ago, and the FA would have rubber stamped it and had us convicted and punished before the dust had settled on last years Premier League.

In all likelihood, we wouldn't have been Champions last season because they would have taken points off us and given us a massive fine.

As far as anyone is aware only the FA see the Times article link somewhere above
It seems the PL have declined to get involved and the FA are looking at it. It looks like criminal activity has taken place (according to the Times article) so irrespective of the £1m hush payment the FA should correctly refer the matter to the police and punish Liverpool/their staff in an appropriate way. I suspect Citys attitude to this will be crucial - do they want to press it or just leave it. We will know from the FA response.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.