#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, don’t get me wrong. I agree totally. Guardiola’s refusal to put his faith in youth is the one negative aspect of his time here.
I’d say on balance he seems to have been justified with his choices.

I’d say on balance he seems to have been justified with his choices.
Of course, but it’s frustrating that Foden and Garcia haven’t been given more game time of late given that the title is long gone.

Of course, but it’s frustrating that Foden and Garcia haven’t been given more game time of late given that the title is long gone.
Think we can only truly judge in a couple of years, if they are both established first teamers winning things and playing for their countries, then we can say they were handled well. If not then we can question what went wrong. It’s easy as fans to be too impatient.

Part of the problem is that we keep spending 40-60m on back up players IMO, which blocks any pathway. If Sane and Laporte were fit, Foden would be in the stands or playing U23 football.

Id prefer to spend less on back ups to create even better first XI. 3-4 world class players on the bench and fill the rest with players like Garcia, Foden if not possible then sign couple of £30m back ups who can do the basics well.

Not starting again, but it’s alright though he’ll play against Fulham and then maybe if we get a lower division side in the cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.