Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to get in front in games then hammer it home
We don’t seem to want it as much as previous
Only a bit off and it all falls down
Maybe a few new faces will add some desire
To be clear I am not digging them out as it’s not surprising given last 2 seasons

One of the reasons he is such a great coach is the respect/loyalty he shows to his players in order to get them to buy into him and his ideas.

However, it'll be that respect/loyalty that will be the undoing of us in the Champions League when we rock up away to Real Madrid and David Silva/Gundogan/Sterling are all in the starting XI and we play a 4-3-3.

I just wish he would pick the most effective system/players each game for the remainder of the season. We come out of the United/Villa games with a real sense of optimism and then we go back to Gundogan, Silva, Sterling in a 4-3-3, with no Rodri, Jesus and Mahrez, and we drop points again.

You should respect the players - by playing them at the positions they played at their best..

If you respect Sterling - play him as the right winger. (That's where ha played at his best and was / is / will be productive for the team)
If you respect Bernardo - play him as the midfielder

You can't respect Ederson via playing him as a central defender :D

As I understand there are some unwritten rules during the selection and that's why for example David Silva was selected, but it shouldn't mean that
above to "THAT"..

Yes, Bernardo is a better player than Mahrez - but Mahrez is better winger than Bernardo.. That's the issue.
And if you play 4-3-3 formation and David Silva "should" start - then for that one spot you should either choose Debruyne or Bernardo
or change the formation to 3-5-2 one - which we saw against Everton and Port Vale. which looks like this - during the attacks:

----------------------ederson-------------------------------
-------------ferna---------------stones--------------------
-------gundo-------------------------david silva----------
---debruyne-------bernardo---------------sterling-------
cancelo--------------aguero------------------------mendy

But Pep is stubborn. He saw that team was progressing and reverted to his favorite players and formation, which once again resulted us lost points and disgusting / boring performance (excluding last 20 minutes)..

I hope and wish and pray to GOD -> we won't see that formation and team against Madrid.

Please Pep don't make that mistake again.. That's not even top6 team and selection any more. Everyone even the worst teams - have adapted to that and know how to defeat "that" players and tactics..

Pep Guardiola: “My bosses have one eye to see if I deserve to continue here. My eyes have to control my players and how their performances deserve to be here. There is no other solution. I have an idea what we need. We speak quite often with the club..."

“There are still four months and it depends on that. We are going to take a decision. Everything is related to performance, not the contract we have or what we are. For me as a manager (I’m) being observed and it’s the same for the players.”

Pep knows the league has gone so why go all in, he will be clear in what he wants for the rest of the season - both domestic cups, chumps league and batter the dippers at home I hope - no doubt he would like to win every game but he will tinker with the team to keep everyone as fresh as possible.
When it's time to turn it on we should by now trust him to do it in style.
In my mind I want them to win every game by 3 or 4 but I'm sure the 15 league games are the least important in Peps (bar the dippers one) mind as long as we are comfortably second.
Catching the dippers is a pipe dream and the reality is Pep will concentrate on the things that he can achieve not on things out of his hands

Pep Guardiola: “My bosses have one eye to see if I deserve to continue here. My eyes have to control my players and how their performances deserve to be here. There is no other solution. I have an idea what we need. We speak quite often with the club..."

“There are still four months and it depends on that. We are going to take a decision. Everything is related to performance, not the contract we have or what we are. For me as a manager (I’m) being observed and it’s the same for the players.”

FFS reading that is like Ted Rogers on 3-2-1 reading clues out to avoid dusty bin..!

It's 4 foot tall
It has wheels
You can 'fill it up'
Most homes have one
It has an opening at the top
You load it up with bags
Many people wash them at the weekend

.. Get rid Ted, it's the bin for sure..!

OK, let's see..

A sports car is 4 feet tall
It has wheels
You fill it up
Sports cars have sunroofs
You can put your suitcases in it
People wash their cars on Sundays

You've just rejected 'the car' you pair of dozy fuckers..!

Anyway enough chit chat,..

Does anyone know if Pep's staying or not?

I know well that xG based tools provide limited accounts of the actual performances but I think they indicate how well the manager works.

In 16/17 we outperformed Chelsea in terms of xG despite finishing 15 points off them. The latter was a combination of them being clinical and lcuky and us being not sufficiently clinical and lacking quality in defence. We solved the problem in defence, got more clinical and were superb next season.

19/20 feels like a repeat of 16/17, this time with Liverpool taking to another level Chelsea's efficency in 16/17. We are outperforming Liverpool in terms of xG despite the severe injury crisis at CB. With several new signing and Laporte back in form, Pep will get us going next season again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.