Var debate 2019/20

Yes but you posting a BBC article that was written before the season (that even says in it that they'll review during the season) doesn't detract from it being on the pl website under the current VAR protocol, which I don't know whether had been added recently. That's exactly what I was checking.

The PL page is also dated pre=season.

#muddyingthewater

He’s clearly off his line and the ref can see that. It’s clear and obvious.

Many have been called back for this including 2 of our own.

I had a debate recently about whether the PL have to follow IFABs laws to the letter and whether they themselves have any authority to enforce this(I'd rather they did). This seems to answer that question, they probably tried to get FIFA to do it for them but to no avail:
https://talksport.com/football/658860/var-retake-man-city-penalty-dean-henderson-line-gabriel-jesus/
This caused controversy at FIFA, with legendary referee Pierluigi Collina, a member of the UEFA Referees Committee, warning the Premier League it must enforce the rule.

“The laws of the game are the same all over the world,” he said. “If the law exists, it must be respected.”

But despite pressure from world football’s governing body, the Premier League has held firm.

Also from the PL website:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297433#
The VAR can intervene in one of the following instances:

- A clear and obvious error by the on-field match officials relating to goalkeeper movement *might just not have updated their own interpretation*
- A double touch by the penalty-taker
- Feigning at the point of the kick by the taker
- Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick *do they have to touch the ball to have an impact or can challenging for the rebound be deemed enough?*

Last edited:
He’s clearly off his line and the ref can see that. It’s clear and obvious.

Many have been called back for this including 2 of our own.
No-the other 2 were for encroachment into the 18yd box and subsequent playing the ball by the player who encroached-not a keeper issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.