#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has it all physically (apart from height) and very rarely injured, his problem is and always has been his control systems.

When he plays instinctively he can be magic, but as soon as he starts to think about what to do he goes to shit. Personally I would get hold of the best sports psychiatrist and employ him to work with Raheem on a one to one basis.

He has been dreadful for months now and shows no sign of snapping out of it.

If there's ever an example of the effects of too much football on players other than injury then sterling is the example. If we had sane fit sterling would have been rotated much more than he has.

He's a player who plays best when his mind is on auto pilot. To me, he looks mentally exhausted more than anything, over thinking his game which results in so many poor decisions.

Unlinke Aguero (who's a natural finisher) who can play himself back into form quite quickly, sterling needs treating with kids gloves. He's either brilliant or absolutely shite.

Currently we've got the absolutely shite Raheem.

Think people are over reacting. He was involved in a lot of good stuff. Finishing was off and he looks tired. I'm sure things will click again soon.

I don't understand why Pep is trying to force him into form, he needs a rest. I thought it had finally dropped when he was benched the other week now hes back in again.

He’s totally out of form at the moment
Form is a short spell of how well a player plays. Raheem has played well in 3½ games all season (West Ham, Spurs, Atalanta, Villa) out of the 31 he’s played this season. That’s not form!

Stones has had as many good games, Gundogan miles more, but those two get crucified on here.

None of Bernardo Sané Mahrez or Jesus have had seasons of performances (not goals, general play with the ball at his feet) as bad as this. He’s our worst forward at the moment.

Yes, he has played a lot, too much! But Sterling is stinking the place out this season.

Form is a short spell of how well a player plays. Raheem has played well in 3½ games all season (West Ham, Spurs, Atalanta, Villa) out of the 31 he’s played this season. That’s not form!

Stones has had as many good games, Gundogan miles more, but those two get crucified on here.

None of Bernardo Sané Mahrez or Jesus have had seasons of performances (not goals, general play with the ball at his feet) as bad as this. He’s our worst forward at the moment.

Yes, he has played a lot, too much! But Sterling is stinking the place out this season.

Those mentioned wouldn't have been allowed to have this run of form, all of them would have been dropped 3 months ago.

I don't understand why Pep is trying to force him into form, he needs a rest. I thought it had finally dropped when he was benched the other week now hes back in again.
The obvious answer is start Foden LW who is fresh and full of energy. He needs proper run out to get form and is ready for regular starts. Perfect chance for Phil to shine and give Sterling a well earned rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.