All inc hols

I’ve done two.

Maldives which was high end and superb.

The other one was in Mallorca for a last minute holiday which we did on the cheap. Breakfast and lunches were great, but the evening meal got a little tedious in the end. In fact our 1yo overturned her bowl of food into the high chair on the first sight of the food on the final night, which kinda summed up all our feelings on the evening meals lol.

Probably wouldn’t do one in Europe again. Think they work best in long haul destinations.

Off to Goa on Monday, have booked AI based on the reviews for the food at the hotel and the fact that it was only a tad more expensive than B&B, will probably eat at the beach shacks during the day as that's where we want to spend our days, cheap as chips anyway so won't leave a big hole in the spends, evening meals at the hotel have rave reviews so will endeavour to use it most evenings.
It's our first trip to Goa, so no doubt we'll learn plenty about how to do it next time if we're inclined to return.

Roll on Monday!

AI is only worth it if it’s a full resort with vast choice of bars and restaurants. I’ve done it around 12 times in Mexico, twice in Cuba, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Mauritius.
Everyone had at least 6 restaurants as well as the main buffet style that tends to be open all day. They mostly had their own beach as well as several pools and huge program of entertainment. These places are built for AI whereas most places in Europe are basically normal hotels that have jumped on the bandwagon and offer a tiny fraction of what a decent AI should be.
Each to their own though, we all have our reasons for choosing the options we do.
Very much agree with you on this

It's beyond very popular though Dennis and if you give folk what they want they will return for more. The A.I hotels afford massive employment to local people and engage in trade with local suppliers so it's not all doom and gloom. Market forces dictate the anti so they have to adapt to competion by offering better value/service to the holiday maker or face the consequences..No free rides in business and a dog eat dog mentality as per the Amazon model and sadly a survival of the fittest.

Last edited:
not quite all inclusve but was looking half board in Tenerife, good price etc and adults only, wife thought it was a swingers place and free sex on demand with other couples as it was for adults

Did one AI only once in my life, a hotel in Kanakli, Turkey. Only one restaurant and one bar. Shit food and watered down beer that I had never heard the name before. The hotel was full of Russians. It was bedlam when they brought out the afternoon cake and fruits, after 15 seconds every crumb had gone. Spent every night in the town at different bars/restaurants. NEVER AGAIN!!

It's beyond very popular though Dennis and if you give folk what they want they will return for more. The A.I hotels afford massive employment to local people and engage in trade with local suppliers so it's not all doom and gloom. Market forces dictate the anti so adapt to competion by offering better value/service to the holiday maker or face the consequences..No free rides in business and a dog eat dog mentality as per the Amazon model and sadly a survival of the fittest.

It’s not about adapting for local restaurants. If people go AI and never leave the hotel to spend a night in a bar or restaurant what can they do? A place I go to in Menorca has been decimated by AI. It’s only a small place but the bars are being kept alive by locals. Lots of restaurants have gone.

Each to their own, and people will have their reasons, but for me exploring and looking for a nice place to eat is part of the holiday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.