Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was silly for Pep to play him for so many minutes. The lad looked good but that challenge in the first half could’ve been a disaster if he was injured again. He came through and will shore up the defense now

He had a nervy first few minutes and faded badly at the end through lack of fitness.

But for an hour, he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. What an incredible player and how bloody much have we missed this lad eh?

Great to see him back.

“Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
Aymeric Laporte...”

Rolls Royce of a player. Nice bit of aggro from him too. Won’t take any shit.
Loved that too.

One thing I've noticed this season is that we’re a bit of a soft touch. We weren’t last night!

Within 5 mins he was telling Otamendi where to be. This guy is our leader back there. The only rival to KDB getting the armband next season. At least he should be. We’ll probably give it Fernandinho out of sentiment like we did with Silva.

Time to play Eric^2 at the back now. Otamendi was good yesterday though, definitely ahead of Stones in the pecking order now

IMO we're still going to have issues at the back given our DM issues this season, but that return and now Sane's impending one has boosted my hopes a bit for the CL and FA Cup. If we can get past RM, and both Eric and Leroy are back to full fitness, I think we can go all the way.

It is extraordinary how he has a calming influence. He and Garcia could be our centre back pairing for years to come. Fern likes being able to go upfield and practise the dark arts again, doesn't he? He was clearly relishing it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.