Sheff Utd post match thread

I repeat. There are 48 points still to play for and the league will be Livarpool’s once it’s mathematically impossible for City to win it. Until then, I’ll watch the run in with a certain wry interest.
Enjoy the rest of the season pal, I will. It's still one of the best seasons so far in our modern history, even if we win one cup or nothing. The league has gone IMO, but if you think it's not done yet, fair play.

Worries me that we're genuinely talking about our GK as peno taker. First off, the pressure would be enormous, even if he scored 15 and missed 1 he'd be annihilated. Second, this talk of nominating someone to be in nets if it is saved, as tongue in cheek as it may be, is bollocks. Thirdly, we are one of the best and most expensive squads in history, with a football that when properly hit at that distance, is almost impossible to save - get someone to practice the "Julian dicks" smash and there's not a keeper will be able to react - fucking leather it just off-centre!! We are bound to have an outfield player who can do that instead of all this stop/start run up shite, surely?!?!
You make some good points but just for the joy and outright cheek, I’d like to see Ederson take the penalties. It’s what gives me joy in football. Those aberrations that are against the norm: Maradona, Ronaldo de Lima, Ronaldinho etc etc.

You make some good points but just for the joy and outright cheek, I’d like to see Ederson take the penalties. It’s what gives me joy in football. Those aberrations that are against the norm: Maradona, Ronaldo de Lima, Ronaldinho etc etc.

In the year the rags were relegated Alex Stepney was for a time their top goalscorer as he used to take their penalties.

Why has Sterling reverted back to his former self? I know it's only temporary but he needs to be confident to score. He needs to rid his game of this inconsistency.

Enjoy the rest of the season pal, I will. It's still one of the best seasons so far in our modern history, even if we win one cup or nothing. The league has gone IMO, but if you think it's not done yet, fair play.
Cheers dude. I remember when United were eight points ahead in 11/12. I’d given up and refused to watch United stroll to another title. Alas, I think it was before the Wigan game, I think. I said to my little brother “We’re going to win the league starting with tonight”. His look was “Yeah right”.

Anyway, City won, United drew against Norwich, I think; and as you know, the rest is history. Fast forward, two seasons later and the blues lose at Anfield and they scrape a draw with a last minute goal by Samir Nasri. The league’s gone. Alas, the gods thought differently and a certain Steven Gerrard was made the sacrificial lamb for another Premier League.

Thirteen points is the difference this time and it’s just speculation but the gods are City fans and there’s a certain hubris coming from Anfield. I’ll conclude with an adage Gerrard must know quite well: “Pride comes before the fall”.

That was a game that didn't look pretty as you watched it but step back and think about it and it was actually an extremely good performance. Playing against a very difficult team who were physical/dirty bastards and a referee who was expert in disrupting our game, you have to say limiting them to one shot on goal was very good. Meanwhile we had enough decent chances to have made it a comfortable win. I liked how we were not intimidated, how we fought fire with fire and how we closed the game out. I liked the block that Garcia put on a dangerous cross (were you watching and learning JS?). I liked seeing Laporte being a rolls royce of a CB. Funny how we got our first clean sheet in ages. We had the look last night of a team that can get results at difficult and hostile away games which if we can repeat should see us go deep in the CL and FA cups.

Well played City.
A really tough night against a strong physical side well versed in the dark, and not so dark, arts.

agreed, very tough game and we most of the time controlled it, hardly a shot at our goal away from home against a very good team has to be applauded.

Felt as though the team connected well and apart from sterling and jesus the rest where worthy of 7-8 out of 10. I was worried about walker playing it being his beloved team, but he put in a good professional shift so fair play to him.

Thought sheffield where all out dirty bastards, don't mind physical but how we came out with no broken bones was a miracle, commentators on tv seemed to back up how they played !

LaPorte, outstanding first game back, knew we missed him but what a figure he was on the pitch. Rodri was solid and tough, Fern typical tough shift in to.

Mahrez, totally out played sterling & jesus, played another great game. Linked up well with midfield and was a worry for their defence.

KDB magic, Zinchenko slipped up a few times but tried hard for 90 mins, Otamendi looked a lot better with somebody decent at his side, shame his over head kick didn't go in, Tueart would have been proud of that !

Cheers dude. I remember when United were eight points ahead in 11/12. I’d given up and refused to watch United stroll to another title. Alas, I think it was before the Wigan game, I think. I said to my little brother “We’re going to win the league starting with tonight”. His look was “Yeah right”.

Anyway, City won, United drew against Norwich, I think; and as you know, the rest is history. Fast forward, two seasons later and the blues lose at Anfield and they scrape a draw with a last minute goal by Samir Nasri. The league’s gone. Alas, the gods thought differently and a certain Steven Gerrard was made the sacrificial lamb for another Premier League.

Thirteen points is the difference this time and it’s just speculation but the gods are City fans and there’s a certain hubris coming from Anfield. I’ll conclude with an adage Gerrard must know quite well: “Pride comes before the fall”.
I admire you enthusiasm. 13 points the difference blue, and 2 games in hand. With VAR aiding several crucial decisions their way, and denying us several decisions against. We've done our best we can given key injuries. The writing I think was on the wall since we were denied a win over Tottenham. Sickening but I'm not a bitter bertie pal; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.