Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks to the champions league, it's so bent it is beneath us. Fuck em. Win the 2 domestic cups. Im old school though and appreciate Im a minority view. The CL stinks, Im not interested in it at all.
That's not old-school that's defeatism. I would love to see City win that competition. We have a good chance but my main hopes are for the two domestic Cups.

I want to see City stay competitive on the league and close the gap to Liverpool. Worrying signs in last two league games of dip in intensity

That's not old-school that's defeatism. I would love to see City win that competition. We have a good chance but my main hopes are for the two domestic Cups.

I want to see City stay competitive on the league and close the gap to Liverpool. Worrying signs in last two league games of dip in intensity
Two cups would be nice and give us a hat-trick of trophies this season......need to finish 2nd in league.
Have already written off the CL as defensively we are weak and will concede goals against the better teams.
It would still add up to a great season for any team, just City have set the bar real high such some would not see it that way.

Agree I'm old and want to see us win it. Don't think there was a drop of intesity last night we needed to battle to win , we battled in a tough game and won.

Yep i agree I dont like the cl but it's the one we havent won. Theres no stand out teams for me bar the dippers and we know given a level playing field we have their number. Problem is we never get a level playing field.

Think we showed good energy levels last night. I sensed from the start that the players were ready to put in a shift which, imo, they did. Add Mendy and Bernardo for Zinch and Otamendi, switching thus to 4-3-3, and we have enough energy in the team to do well in the CL.

I don't think it's necessary to close the gap to Liverpool, would be nice but would have no major implications for next season. Better concentrate on the other competitions.

Im also an old school,so,League Cup,FA Cup,away win against the scums ,home winagainst scousers....and if we win C.L,thats fine...

To win the CL we need to be smarter and luckier. We exit against liverpool where VAR might have seen us advance. Last season we exit against Spurs where no VAR would have seen us advance. Hopefully we get the luck we deserve this third time of asking.

Tough fixture ahead but not beyond us if we have everyone fit and rested. Pep needs to let the league go and prioritise it. Yes you want to carry form but we need to be the fittest team too. Tactics need to be spot on. Pep went cautious away and open at home last season to avoid a Liverpool defeat. It isn't the right mentality. Scoring away is vital. Defending at home is vital. The away goal is so key to progression.

We need to be seeing out games better. We have Laporte back and with Rodri have defensive options in midfield to try and shut up shop and play on the counter. Away from home we need to be scoring and taking a strong position back to the Etihad. Real are tough but it is a game we can win and advance.

CL win would be the best way to dethrone Liverpool. They can talk up a CL and title win but we would have two titles back to back and a CL (plus domestic trophies) to prove we are better. It is the way we throw them off their perch and piss on their celebrations.

Have the belief we can do it. Worse teams have won it than us.

We need to start by demolishing the rags next week and winning the League Cup. Getting an early trophy in the bag will give us momentum for the rest of the season like it did in 2014 and 2018. With Laporte back anything is possible but right now I would be delighted if we could win the League Cup and FA Cup. I think we will need luck in the CL but beating Real Madrid would be fantastic. We will know by the middle of March where we are. This is an epic period for City and we need to fill our boots while we can and avoid being arrogant and complacent like our Trafford rivals have been in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.