Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved his comeback yesterday.
Calm and composed on the ball and that headed clearance he did in the first half none of our other current defenders would have anticipated that ball quick enough to reach it.
Also I liked how he brought a bit of aggression and needle back into the team that I think has been missing from our games lately.

The effect he had on the whole of the defence was quite evident, Otamendi looked more confident and we kept a clean sheet. We need to get him match fit and firing for Madrid and hopefully we can get through to the QF.

I was fortunate enough to be sat in the directors box last night and he was begging Pep to get him off after about 15 minutes of the 2nd half.
Pep sympathised with him , told him to take in more deep breaths and then kept him on.

Welcome back Eric.

Maybe most fans don't believe Pep when he says Laporte's the best CB in his - and hence VVD's - position but I think Pep is sincere. While VVD might be somewhat better as a defender he is not left-footed and can't give us in the build-up what we get from Laporte. For our system of play Laporte is the best available option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.