Sheff Utd post match thread

I admire you enthusiasm. 13 points the difference blue, and 2 games in hand. With VAR aiding several crucial decisions their way, and denying us several decisions against. We've done our best we can given key injuries. The writing I think was on the wall since we were denied a win over Tottenham. Sickening but I'm not a bitter bertie pal; )
We are still in for 3 trophies, 2 of which we can realistically win and we've won the charity shield already. I'm hopeful we'll win the domestic cup double and as far as I'm concerned that would be another tremendous season - made all the better by the fact that we would have done it with significant 5 month injuries and have lost our captain.

Should have been 3 up within 36 minutes and had 5 goals by the end. None of the 4 missed chances were impossibly difficult (maybe a tad harsh on Otamendi but he was unimpeded and could have hit either corner), and their only chance was Mousset's backheel. Refereeing and other matters merely paper over our continued problem: putting teams away when we have the chance(s).

Should have been 3 up within 36 minutes and had 5 goals by the end. None of the 4 missed chances were impossibly difficult (maybe a tad harsh on Otamendi but he was unimpeded and could have hit either corner), and their only chance was Mousset's backheel. Refereeing and other matters merely paper over our continued problem: putting teams away when we have the chance(s).

Its absolutely true we create more chances than anyone else and it should be lauded as its the by product of the system Pep has given us and a credit to the lads.

What isn't true is we are shit at taking our chances or that Liverpool take everything.

We sit second on chances taken in the league on 19.6% with Liverpool just in front on 20.2% i think which suggests we are not too shabby in front of goal, something our constant records show and that Liverpool dont take everything either.

If scoring at this level was so easy everyone would do it.

Refereeing and other matters merely paper over our continued problem: putting teams away when we have the chance(s).

Couldnt agree more, its a little bit beyond a joke at this point. I'm glad we have Sergio that can put the ball in the net with a level of consistency, because I'd wager we conversion to chance ratio, we are way down the list.

I sometimes wonder what a top class poacher/finisher could do in this outfit - someone to pick up the slack with/for Sergio. Linekar, Allen, (dare I even say it) Harry Kane would have a fucking field day with the chances we create.

Its absolutely true we create more chances than anyone else and it should be lauded as its the by product of the system Pep has given us and a credit to the lads.

What isn't true is we are shit at taking our chances or that Liverpool take everything.

We sit second on chances taken in the league on 19.6% with Liverpool just in front on 20.2% i think which suggests we are not too shabby in front of goal, something our constant records show and that Liverpool dont take everything either.

If scoring at this level was so easy everyone would do it.

That’s certainly true when we analyse totals, but when we focus on the individual games and what it means in terms of being able to relax in those and rotate more comfortably, then it’s still an aspect I sense we can improve.

That’s certainly true when we analyse totals, but when we focus on the individual games and what it means in terms of being able to relax in those and rotate more comfortably, then it’s still an aspect I sense we can improve.

We only watch our games and see highlights of everyone else so its an easy mistake to make to be fair but the stats are there and we are the best normally and only this season have we slightly fallen behind Liverpool in taking chances but still 2nd.

We also win many games by 3 goals or more so whilst being nervous is part and parcel of football, we make it far less nervy than most do mate.

Paul Dempsey on BT last night was comparing this Sheffield United team to the great Sheffield United teams of Harry Bassett and Neil Warnock.

I mean what actual fuck was that about?
And he kept calling Billy Sharp " Billy" as though he's his best mate or something. Dempsey is a Liverpool fan, says it all about last night's commentary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.