Sheff Utd post match thread

Should have been 3 up within 36 minutes and had 5 goals by the end. None of the 4 missed chances were impossibly difficult (maybe a tad harsh on Otamendi but he was unimpeded and could have hit either corner), and their only chance was Mousset's backheel. Refereeing and other matters merely paper over our continued problem: putting teams away when we have the chance(s).

I dunno that Mcburnie geezer was millimeters away from tapping that cross in. That would've been a sickening blow. Thought Ederson was very good last night.

I dunno that Mcburnie geezer was millimeters away from tapping that cross in. That would've been a sickening blow. Thought Ederson was very good last night.

He was offside although i doubt very much VAR would have bothered about a small detail like that.

And he kept calling Billy Sharp " Billy" as though he's his best mate or something. Dempsey is a Liverpool fan, says it all about last night's commentary.
He was a disgrace last night, may aswell have been sutv. At times even Jenas (who is also a dickhead) sounded embarrassed with some of the tripe that was coming out of his mouth. Kept saying how people thought it would be a cricket score, who the fuck thought that? The welcome to Sheffield part made me laugh tho, I'm sure that lads who grew up on the streets of Brazil and Argentina were shitting themselves.

well, having had a chance to reflect on it;

1. Despite all the interesting talking points, Lee Mason is the one thing that 1st comes to mind, which says a lot about his performance.
2. That's the only time I've seen Sheff Utd play this season. They are aggressive from a mould of about the year 2000, you dont generally see that anymore. I actually dont think there was a red card in there (though Besic's was close) but a couple of other yellows were missed.
3. Laporte! get in son, great to see him back.
4. We really struggled (at times) against one of the more organised sides we'll come up against and still won. Some of that was down to shoddy passing at times, some because they always seemed to have an extra man
5. Need to have a look at the penalty taking, i just assumed we'd miss last might, which is sad. Didnt help he was 2 yds off his line though
6. Sterling was dire up to the goal, then played out the last 15 quite well

He was a disgrace last night, may aswell have been sutv. At times even Jenas (who is also a dickhead) sounded embarrassed with some of the tripe that was coming out of his mouth. Kept saying how people thought it would be a cricket score, who the fuck thought that? The welcome to Sheffield part made me laugh tho, I'm sure that lads who grew up on the streets of Brazil and Argentina were shitting themselves.
Exactly, it's a media narrative that they think we should be beating teams five or six nil every game, yet it's fine for Liverpool who have equally a potent strike force to win 1-0 with no questions asked. I seem to remember they got a skanky 1-0 win at Sheff utd earlier in the season thanks to some dubious Henderson goalkeeping.

When Pep was quoted as saying that he had learned something from watching Sheff Utd's performances, I can only assume that it was firmly " tongue in cheek ".

They work fucking hard for each other, but their tactics are fucking crude and downright thuggish ( if last night was a true reflection ) . If Mason had been anything but an utter cnut , Besic would have been given a red for that blatant assault on LaPorte, and their were others which were very close too, the foul on Fernandinho comes to mind.

They are doing very well indeed to be where they are in the table, but imo Pep would want to learn fuck all from their performance other than togetherness perhaps.

That game was like the disgrace away at Cardiff where we were so fucking lucky not to pick up serious injuries.

Yep, we're a very nice team, no hard men at all in the squad. Laporte showed a bit of anger last night though.
I am not sure what Kiddo does at City but he would be very good at coaching how to get 'involved' following a nasty on a team mate

When Pep was quoted as saying that he had learned something from watching Sheff Utd's performances, I can only assume that it was firmly " tongue in cheek ".

They work fucking hard for each other, but their tactics are fucking crude and downright thuggish ( if last night was a true reflection ) . If Mason had been anything but an utter cnut , Besic would have been given a red for that blatant assault on LaPorte, and their were others which were very close too, the foul on Fernandinho comes to mind.

They are doing very well indeed to be where they are in the table, but imo Pep would want to learn fuck all from their performance other than togetherness perhaps.

That game was like the disgrace away at Cardiff where we were so fucking lucky not to pick up serious injuries.
The DT hardly mentions fouls. It does say that Besic might yes might have got a red card off some officials and a bit further along says Fern got a yellow following two sly earlier fouls.

So that's it - the casual reader will think its all our fault and that dirty Fernandinho is up to his sly dark arts. No mention of the officials missing the goalie a yard off his line

Off to Specsavers to make an appointment. Not for but a joint booking for all the officials and James Ducker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.