#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
been seeing shades of 15/16 sterling recently. just seems that when its not going for him, it really isnt going for him, as seen vs united at OT and the game last night. i have faith he'll get back on top form though, perhaps just need a few games break.

Let him bag a hattrick versus Fulham and get his confidence up. Allthough he had that incredible game versus Atalanta where everyone in the media said he announced himself as one of the best players in the world and it did nothing for his league form. Genuinly think he has been sub-par since september all though people disagreed with me at the time so I might have been overly critical. Think it's just not his season after 2 incredible ones. However 20+ goals in a off season isn't too shabby.
Sad to see him like yesterday though, everything stopped when he got the ball.

I feel like his 2 main weapons have dulled a bit.

I think last season the main threat I think Sterling posed were:

1) Positional Intelligence for tap in when the team builds play on one side.

People sometimes mention he should go RW, and maybe he should, but which ever wing he is on I noticed how good he is in finding space for a tap in.

He is only an okay finisher, so this intelligence is where alot of his goals came from. It doesn't seem as good lately.

I think sometimes people make fun of this kind of goal, people laugh at Ronaldo alot for these, but I don't understand what's wrong about being smart with your positioning. Muller was a master at this under Pep.

2) Using his pace and directness when running at players.

Someone here mentioned that his pace isn't one of his main assets, I am baffled at that idea as I think it's very important in this regard.
Whether it was running behind a defense from a through ball, or carrying the ball and driving at players, his pace is very useful.

I don't think he was ever a good dribbler, but he was good at using his pace and turn of direction to drive through and I feel that is missing or simply not effective.

There's nothing wrong with these being his 2 main weapons, but if they aren't effective he doesn't have much else to add. His passing game is pretty average, his crossing is average, and overall finishing is average. His pressing is usually good though, I don't consider him lazy, but all is definitely not right.

I feel like his 2 main weapons have dulled a bit.

I think last season the main threat I think Sterling posed were:

1) Positional Intelligence for tap in when the team builds play on one side.

People sometimes mention he should go RW, and maybe he should, but which ever wing he is on I noticed how good he is in finding space for a tap in.

He is only an okay finisher, so this intelligence is where alot of his goals came from. It doesn't seem as good lately.

I think sometimes people make fun of this kind of goal, people laugh at Ronaldo alot for these, but I don't understand what's wrong about being smart with your positioning. Muller was a master at this under Pep.

2) Using his pace and directness when running at players.

Someone here mentioned that his pace isn't one of his main assets, I am baffled at that idea as I think it's very important in this regard.
Whether it was running behind a defense from a through ball, or carrying the ball and driving at players, his pace is very useful.

I don't think he was ever a good dribbler, but he was good at using his pace and turn of direction to drive through and I feel that is missing or simply not effective.

There's nothing wrong with these being his 2 main weapons, but if they aren't effective he doesn't have much else to add. His passing game is pretty average, his crossing is average, and overall finishing is average. His pressing is usually good though, I don't consider him lazy, but all is definitely not right.
Fair assessment.

Thought he did a bit better at Sheffield. Worked very hard and nearly got a very good goal. A goal might just turn his performances around.

Thought he did a bit better at Sheffield. Worked very hard and nearly got a very good goal. A goal might just turn his performances around.
noticed he was switching wings and played quite a bit on the right which is what people were asking for. TBH, i didn't notice him being more effective on the right wing against SU. His form has dipped but will return.

If his form doesn't improve between now and the end of the season, I'd snap Madrid's hands off of they offered 100m plus. Plus another shit tournament for England in the summer will see him slated from pillar to post, and his confidence at total rock bottom when he returns to us next August. Needs to get his finger out quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.