This caught my eye about the grammys

mexico1970

Team supported
Manchester City
Ousted Grammy Awards boss Deborah Dugan makes corruption claims
The body has struggled to reform its reputation after being criticised for overlooking women and BAME recording artists.

After reading up on last years list of winners and this years nominees nothing adds up here, what exactly do they mean by overlooked when most of the nominees and winners are either women or BAME?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51204484

Last edited:
The complaint also criticises the lack of diversity in these committees, saying that "between 2012 and the present, the board has been approximately 69% Caucasian".

A quick google search reveals the white population of the US is around 72-76%. So is she saying not enough white people are on it?

A quick google search reveals the white population of the US is around 72-76%. So is she saying not enough white people are on it?

I don't think she is bud although you'd think she'd be nearer to the truth if she did. I know Hollywood and the music industry is slanted in their views but this is a really odd one.

This is the ridiculousness of it all.

Even when BAME are over represented compared with the population, it’s not enough for the woke brigade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.