Next Captain

No, I just gave you a list of actual premier league captains? Don't understand what you're struggling with? There's a reason why all these premier league clubs (including ours) agree that what I'm saying is correct instead of picking the biggest hot head on the team!

If you can give me a list of current, fiery captains it might change my mind - but you offer no proper reasoning behind your points.

Anyway, lets agree to disagree. Either way, our club is in safe hands regardless of who our captain is.
Off the top of my head?
Sergio Ramos at Madrid, De Ligt at Ajax, Chiellini at Juve, Diego Godin at Atletico, Ronaldo with Portugal. I just don't get all the fuss about picking captains as this 'cool-headed' players. The job of a captain is to motivate our squad, prepare them for battle, just listen to Vinnie's speech in the latest documentary. Or are you saying Vinnie's a bad captain?

Pretty much all the players can do the job I`m certain. They, more or less, all speak good English, and are very experienced. I`ve always thought the best captain is either a central midfielder or central defender. Someone who can see what`s going on around them during the game and be in a position to change the way the players are working. I can see LaPorte or , when he gets to learn English, Rodri doing a great job. If not then it has to be KDB for his knowledge and experience.

Probably end up being Eddy or Sergio :)

After Merlin goes, I would expect it to be Sergio with Fern as deputy, until they also go.

Long term, probably KDB, if he has the temperament for it? He's probably the most talented and runs his socks off, but sometimes can lose his cool, he wants to win so much! There's also speculation he doesn't enjoy taking penalties.

Bernardo would also be a very popular choice, big game starter, who always gives 100% and, like Ferny, plays with a smile.

In the next few years, Fernandinho and Aguero might get the captaincy for similar reasons to Silva this season.

KDB should get it though imo.

Now our Beloved El Mago has essentially left us, who do you see as permanent captain for the team?

Personally, I see Ferna becoming club capt, if he's not already, and Ginga Kev taking the armband. Fern should move to deputy, but then I see Serg/ Raheem taking that role if they're on the pitch.

Both Raheem and Kev seem to kick up a notch with the weight of responsibility for leadership on their shoulders.

What's your opinion...?

Won't Pep hold a vote?

Probably Fernandinho. Unless KDB makes it known he wants it himself then they might go for him instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.