Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what, you can win 21 games out of 38 games and win the league. I'd love us to win the UCL as would Pep and the owners. Trying to degrade the competition just because we haven't won it sounds like sour grapes.

For balance, I'm sure some would see it as sour grapes ( dippers definitely ) but if you read posts on here you will find that quite a few on here couldn't care less , although I'm sure Pep and the owners would.

Many believe that the competition is rigged in favour of a number of favoured teams ( not City I hasten to add ) and for that reason actually question its status and validity.

And ironically you don’t even have to be a champion to qualify for the champions league. No one really counts the community shield, to play in that though you’ve had to win the league or fa cup (unless a team makes history and wins everything, then the likes of you can slime in after winning neither)
I can't recall anyone getting excited and trolling them over our community shield win, but I'm not sure they would show the same restraint, invited or not.

fair enough, I may be laughing too if the roles were reversed so I’m not going to be a hypocrite but the truth is you only get into that competition by winning the champions league.

you mean to say there’s no significance in that? You wouldn’t love city to be in that competition because of what it implies?
I'm sure every City fan would love to win the Champions League, but that doesn't change the status of the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. They're ultimately meaningless, glorified friendlies. Same as the Community Shield.

I'm sure every City fan would love to win the Champions League, but that doesn't change the status of the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. They're ultimately meaningless, glorified friendlies. Same as the Community Shield.

That's the view in most of Europe, but not the rest of the world. In Brazil, and parts of South America, the world cup of clubs is the biggest trophy you can win. Flamengo coach Jorge Jesus didn't hesitate to label it the biggest game of his career. And its the same in other parts of the world.

So while Euro fans don't care much, the owners do. Parading around the world during pre season will be more fruitful with a CL and World Cup trophy in the bag.

Yea but to win the champs league you only need to finish 25 points behind your countries champions to qualify, lose 4 or 5 games in the qualifying rounds , than play in the worse standard final in the history of football
So, you're saying that there's a chance we could win it next season then? :-)

That's the view in most of Europe, but not the rest of the world. In Brazil, and parts of South America, the world cup of clubs is the biggest trophy you can win. Flamengo coach Jorge Jesus didn't hesitate to label it the biggest game of his career. And its the same in other parts of the world.

So while Euro fans don't care much, the owners do. Parading around the world during pre season will be more fruitful with a CL and World Cup trophy in the bag.

Is it not just over glamorising the competition and subsequent winners? Like the 'World' Series only being contested by baseball teams in North America? Or Miss Universe only being contested by women on earth?

Is it not just over glamorising the competition and subsequent winners? Like the 'World' Series only being contested by baseball teams in North America? Or Miss Universe only being contested by women on earth?

Wasn't the World Series named the World Series because it was sponsored by a newspaper called The New York World?

Your fanbase would parade a new snack bar opening. It’d be the biggest, bestest snack bar in the whole world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.