Pep's embargoed press conference. Quite interesting

What I don't get is why Pep plays such a strong team in the league and FA cup. If it's too many games why not play all kids and fringe players in the league cup and acknowledge you don't expect to win it? Problem is Pep wants to win every trophy available and needs to prioritize.

Thinking something is bad for the game and players, doesn't mean he's going to sack it off though. He and the club will still try to make the best of the situation

The last people to complain about fixture congestion should be the top managers as they have the deepest squads and even if performances do drop slightly in the majority of the games the top sides should still win.

I personally think the Carabao cup is a great competition, and take away the self-interest of the top managers, is an important cup for the lower sides not propped by huge tv deals and multimillion pound sponsorships.

The last people to complain about fixture congestion should be the top managers as they have the deepest squads and even if performances do drop slightly in the majority of the games the top sides should still win.

I personally think the Carabao cup is a great competition, and take away the self-interest of the top managers, is an important cup for the lower sides not propped by huge tv deals and multimillion pound sponsorships.

How come the lower sides mostly play heavily weakened sides and get really low crowds in it then?

It isn't going to happen though is it, so maybe we should accomodate international football the same way everone else does and only have one cup competion. Or keep the league cup for clubs not playing in european competition.
A majority of PL clubs don't take the league cup seriously now, so what makes you think that they will when it becomes even more watered down?

How come the lower sides mostly play heavily weakened sides and get really low crowds in it then?

They don't when they play the bigger sides hence its important for those clubs it continues with the top sides participating.

If he thinks the league cup should go, play some fucking youths in it instead of true first teamers.
Out of all the top clubs managers he has taken it the most seriously and it shows in our trophy cabinet.
We’d certainly get thrown out of the competition for devaluing it, disrespecting it, for playing our women’s team, with under 14’s involved and lastly starting the 1st World War! I love the league cup with all the memories associated with it for us, but as many say on here, things need to change. If the CL goes to 6 teams a group as it will, it will inevitably involve playing a more academy focused group of players which for us would give some of those young uns a taste of competitive football at a reasonable level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.