winter sun

Would love some winter sun, but the trek to places like Goa, Mexico and such is a bit far for a week. Tried Lanzarote once, and sorry to those that like it, but it's Benidorm Lite with it's Sports/Irish bars and shite. Probably one of just two or three places I'd never return to if it was for free.
Before you turn down a free one please check if it's transferable, thanks mate.

Would love some winter sun, but the trek to places like Goa, Mexico and such is a bit far for a week. Tried Lanzarote once, and sorry to those that like it, but it's Benidorm Lite with it's Sports/Irish bars and shite. Probably one of just two or three places I'd never return to if it was for free.

did you go to Puerto del Carmen? If so you definitely chose the wrong resort. Playa Blanca is a nice resort. Nothing like Benidorm but PDC is a bit.

Gran Canaria last week in Jan,anyone know if its warm enoughth there that time of year or Malaga?
Mate, it’s about 900 miles further south. Of course GC is going to be better weather than Malaga. Enjoy. Canaries are fine in the winter.

Mate, it’s about 900 miles further south. Of course GC is going to be better weather than Malaga. Enjoy. Canaries are fine in the winter.
According to the monthly averages on Google Malaga is warmer than GC in January although the other Canary Islands are warmer than Malaga. The met office site says GC averages 21 though which is higher than Malaga so who knows

Last edited:
usually around 23C during the day, so nice enough. Chilly in evening so you will need a jumper

I did Tenerife in the last week of January 91 (came back to snow) with my best sun tan, ever. At mid 80F, you can sit in it without moving.

But as Gaz says, the nights DO get cold

Thinking going for a break in early/mid Feb.

will Canaries be okay? Paphos? Majorca

dont want travel too far. Just want to relax but also not be too far from a town if bored

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.