UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor old connman, scratching around trying to find a story to justify his salary as a journalist.
If he was really interested in something juicy from a few years ago, then he would be better served having a look at a certain club and their cyber activities in relation to a certain other club.
No mileage in that though, eh Dave?

@Prestwich_Blue (I think) confirmed as part of the process we went through our books several times with Uefa - so this sounds like complete horse shit. What relevance do bank statements have if you’ve shared audited accounts. I thought Conn was better than this but clearly not.
Daft as it may sound, I get the impression that a lot of that story has come from us you know. It seems to contain stuff that puts our case and I was told just before Xmas that we hadn't yet been able to do that formally in front of UEFA. It does also seem to say UEFA were clutching at straws.

David, being David, has to present both sides of the story however.

Daft as it may sound, I get the impression that a lot of that story has come from us you know. It seems to contain stuff that puts our case and I was told just before Xmas that we hadn't yet been able to do that formally in front of UEFA. It does also seem to say UEFA were clutching at straws.

David, being David, has to present both sides of the story however.
Sorry Colin, but I'm struggling to see Conn putting forward any of our side of the story - especially as he knows the truth of the statements made to City by UEFA

Conn is a con. Can’t believe anybody would think his scribe is for the good of sport, or rights for that case. He’s only there to get your/their attention and bring in the money.

The only reason for that article, at such a time, is to deflect and set-up the narrative for further hits.

Watch this space.

Of course, if I'm wrong and this hasn't come from City, then the fact it appeared just minutes after the rags are stuffed by the mighty Burnley at home, for the first time since 1962, might offer a clue as to who might have been behind it.

Colin I know you two are friends and you respect him but for the life of me that’s not a balanced piece.

Saying City deny the UEFA findings every so often does not put any of our side of the argument. The least, the very least, he could have done was to point out the change in rules after City lodged their accounts and ask why.

The trouble with Conn is not that he is a racist or even anti City it’s that he doesn’t agree with the monetisation of his favourite game.

He should take lessons from a proper Journalist such as Martin Samuel who is the only guy to see that FFP is way of preventing investment of clubs wishing to catch the established elite. That’s the story.

The complete pass that Liverpool get by the press, other than The Times is sickening. He should look at what’s going on there too.

Conn has one story and it’s constantly regurgitated. I highly doubt this has anything to do with City.

He might be a nice guy and even informed but he is biased and doesn’t have a good word for us.

That piece and it’s timing is indefensible in my opinion. Like many blues I have not only lost respect for him I find him boring and I’m sick of him now. He's turning into Shindler. It's a shame because I enjoyed Richer than God.

I don't understand what his problem is. We get that he thinks City have broken some half arsed possibly illegal rule. Has he got anything else to say?

Best keep an eye on the richest club in the World in case they go bust. Maybe write something on how on earth Bury went bust with FFP to protect them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.