UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin I know you two are friends and you respect him but for the life of me that’s not a balanced piece.

Saying City deny the UEFA findings every so often does not put any of our side of the argument. The least, the very least he could have done was to point out the change in rules after City lodged their accounts and ask why.

The trouble with Conn is not that he is a racist or even anti City it’s that he doesn’t agree with the monetisation of his favourite game.

He should take lessons from a proper Journalist such as Marin Samuel who is the only guy to see that FFP is way of preventing investment of clubs wishing to catch the established elite. That’s the story.

The complete pass that Liverpool get by the press, other than The Times is sickening. He should look at what’s going on there too.

Conn has one story and it’s constantly regurgitated. I highly doubt this has anything to do with City.

He might be a nice guy and even informed but he is biased and doesn’t have a good word for us.

That piece and it’s timing is indefensible in my opinion. Like many blues I have not only lost respect for him I find him boring and I’m sick of him now.
It is just a re-hash of an old story. It relates to the accounts for 2012 and 2013 which we were punished for in 2014 and agreed a settlement with UEFA. The timing is clearly designed to smear us in advance of UEFA's likely climbdown on the Der Spiegel claims next week. I presume that the details of the negotations in 2014 have been leaked by someone in UEFA (or someone who used to be in UEFA) to try and get some leverage in their current attempts to get City to agree to another settlement so UEFA can save their face.
I have also lost all respect for Conn because he has been used as a puppet in the ongoing dirty tricks campaign against our club.

Of course, if I'm wrong and this hasn't come from City, then the fact it appeared just minutes after the rags are stuffed by the mighty Burnley at home, for the first time since 1962, might offer a clue as to who might have been behind it.

I think there is little doubt that you are wrong on this occasion.

I've read the article. There is nothing in it that offers a defence of our football club and I have a problem with that.

I have an even bigger beef with those who seem to believe that isn't the case and inconceivably try to pass it off as the opposite.

He has an issue with our owners. That is evident through his writing and pretty much every blue can see it.

For whatever reason you can't and I find that odd. Never thought I'd be raising a debate like this with you, but it seems I was wrong.

Forget Burnley. This article regurgitating old stuff has appeared now for one reason only: UEFA are about to rule on the current case. UEFA, we think, are spilt: old guard want us banned for their own commercial reasons, but others see through this and, in the absence of any evidence of guilt, worry about what this would mean for UEFA if it went to CAS or courts beyond that.
The article, then, is inspired by an attempt to push through a guilty verdict.
The question is, why is Conn allowing himself to be used like this? Has he let his issues with our owners cloud his judgement?

Of course, if I'm wrong and this hasn't come from City, then the fact it appeared just minutes after the rags are stuffed by the mighty Burnley at home, for the first time since 1962, might offer a clue as to who might have been behind it.

It hadn't occurred to me that it might have come from City, and I think the timing is coincidence. It actually came out before the Utd match finished, and exactly 10 pm suggests it's pre-planned.

Without having any info about the source, I thought it was just getting the past events out again, possibly to offset the outcome at UEFA, possibly to raise interest in it again.

What a piece of shit this Conn 'article' is.

Just for the record, as apparently the Liverpool hacking scandal has been deemed historical and settled at the time by the entire media, barring The Times, can Conn and his collaborators point out the difference between the two ongoing investigations?

Nope?

This is clearly another article to leave mud attached.

However, any City fan worth their salt, knew the details of why and how Uefa reached its previous ruling.

I wonder if the Guardian's puff piece will be picked up elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.