#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assist King.

Hope he smashes Henry’s 20 assist record.
He really should at this point, if he stays fit

Could overtake him in one game, he is that phenomenal. All the talk about Silva eying the record of assists to one player to Sergio. KdB to Sergio is just 8 assists behind or something.

At some point you have to ask, has there ever been a better assister in World football?
Messi can't count due to being best at basically everything. Peak Ozil? Xavi? Laudrup? Kevs been putting up insane numbers for years now. Not just high numbers, but quality of pass as well

Could overtake him in one game, he is that phenomenal. All the talk about Silva eying the record of assists to one player to Sergio. KdB to Sergio is just 8 assists behind or something.

At some point you have to ask, has there ever been a better assister in World football?
Messi can't count due to being best at basically everything. Peak Ozil? Xavi? Laudrup? Kevs been putting up insane numbers for years now. Not just high numbers, but quality of pass as well

That’s true, he’s easily capable of 5+ assists in one game, if only we could finish all those chances, ha.

But good point, I’ve said it before, for me De Bruyne is the best passer in the sport ever. His passing and crossing is just out of this world. Yes some other players as you mentioned made high quality passes but definitely not as often as our Kev. He’s always taking out 3,4,5 defenders out of the game with one intricate pass. Imo he’s levels above anything football has ever seen.

He’s simply an assist machine.

Know what you mean but stats wouldn't prove that,
best passer would be someone like Gundy or VVD, only for a different quality...

The difference Kev makes is the pace and sharpness in his action that put so much pressure on tight defences,
and of course he delivers his great assists right on the plate for the striker.

Sergio only had to make the little run and the ball arrived at the far post, great vision and sense for the situation.

Btw, Jesus did the same fantastic far post delivery for Sergio vs Palace, 1-1.

That’s true, he’s easily capable of 5+ assists in one game, if only we could finish all those chances, ha.

But good point, I’ve said it before, for me De Bruyne is the best passer in the sport ever. His passing and crossing is just out of this world. Yes some other players as you mentioned made high quality passes but definitely not as often as our Kev. He’s always taking out 3,4,5 defenders out of the game with one intricate pass. Imo he’s levels above anything football has ever seen.

Funnily enough, I just read he's the first in Prem history to register 15+ assists in 3 different seasons. What a player

Still in a parallel universe where he wasn't one of the best midfielders on the planet I really would have liked to see him continue on his path as a goalscoring number ten, like in the Pellegrini season. Scary that he is able to both notch 15+ assists in his sleep and also quite easily could have been a 20 goals a season man.

Assist King.

Hope he smashes Henry’s 20 assist record.

Know what you mean but stats wouldn't prove that,
best passer would be someone like Gundy or VVD, only for a different quality...

The difference Kev makes is the pace and sharpness in his action that put so much pressure on tight defences,
and of course he delivers his great assists right on the plate for the striker.

Sergio only had to make the little run and the ball arrived at the far post, great vision and sense for the situation.

Btw, Jesus did the same fantastic far post delivery for Sergio vs Palace, 1-1.
Forget assists, what they should really be using — now that it is being properly tracked — is “big” chances created (measured by xG of the chance).

That is the mark of a truly gifted creative player, as it does not require whoever is on the end of the pass to score.

And Kev would absolutely destroy the competition in that regard. He arguably has the best vision and football IQ of any player in football history.

There are times where Messi is often absent but always produces something in a split second. Kevin is getting to that level. I thought his overall performance against Sheffield Utd was okay, but he can come up with a pass like that in the blink of an eye, that's what makes him one of the best. Even on a poorer day, he's always got that in his armour.

The vision, the execution. They are always bang on. He's such a clean striker of the ball, moving or dead.

The stats now are backing up his obvious quality and he will no doubt beat the assist record this season.

So glad he plays in blue.

There are times where Messi is often absent but always produces something in a split second. Kevin is getting to that level. I thought his overall performance against Sheffield Utd was okay, but he can come up with a pass like that in the blink of an eye, that's what makes him one of the best. Even on a poorer day, he's always got that in his armour.

The vision, the execution. They are always bang on. He's such a clean striker of the ball, moving or dead.

The stats now are backing up his obvious quality and he will no doubt beat the assist record this season.

So glad he plays in blue.
This is so true. Like the very best, he can contribute even when he's doing nothing else. We're lucky to have him.
I feel the same could be said about Aguero and Mahrez too, in that they can pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat, which showcases both their natural ability and the strength of the squad.

As a general point, I don't think it's a coincidence that these three players are older, and hence have that capacity to bring something out of nothing performances more frequently. What excites me is that our younger batch (Sterling, Jesus, Sané, Bernardo, Foden, and I'd even say Mendy) have all showcased that they have that ability to great things even if they aren't playing so well within them too, and as they get older they should all be able to replicate KDB, Aguero, and Mahrez in terms of how often they can do it. It should be an even more fun time to be a City fan than imaginable in a couple of years time.

This was when I knew KDB was completely different class. The headed through ball to Aguero in his first season.

No one else would ever try that. It's not a flick on, or a header up to the big man, it's an actual, aimed through ball with his fucking head.

Yes! I’ve never seen anything quite like that before or since. It was an unbelievable bit of skill/vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.