UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sick to death with the shit press/media in the this country. Why is it against the 'rules' for a business person to but a company and invest as much money as he wants to try and make it a success. These rules were only brought in after the City take over. I would have thought these rules were against some sort of freedom to trade as it reduces your chances of making your company successful. Sounds like forming a cartel a monopoly to protect the old business, which I thought wasnt allowed in business.

I dont understand finance and law as I am just a simply bloke but from the out side looking in it looks like the big 14 trying to stop new comers which I thought was against European trading law or something like that.
Yes but you're surmising that EUFA actually work within the law.

Yes but you're surmising that EUFA actually work within the law.

I simple terms are EUFA allowed to work outside the law ? If they are outside the free trade rights or what ever it's called they cant do anything. Unless by joining their club we have to play by their rules even if their rules are against the free trade laws

If in the week that the UEFA committee make their deliberations, the press exclusives relate to old news then that's not so bad.

I wonder if UEFA already know what they are going to do, and this is just a rubber-stamping process or whether this is a hearing in which everything is up for grabs? I hope the former as what evidence we have suggests UEFA are now reluctant to seriously sanction City.

When I read that article our losses are quite small compared to say the rags or RM etc. The fact that we are now debt free means our business plan works. So why arent the cartel put under pressure to reduce their debts.
This FFP is clearly geared to stop any new club coming up and that has to be against any law in any country ! .Citys 'crime' is investing heavy to produce a debt free business. It's that what happens in every takeover ?

Is Conn right about the transfer amortisation/wages issue? He says we were trying to offset both for players signed before 2010 but UEFA would only allow the wages element. I thought it was more a question of timing - that City followed the original guidelines and counted it over the whole of the first FFP period but UEFA decided it applied year by year and we overshot one year.

Also - if UEFA decided Etihad was a related party but the deal was fair value, does it really matter where the payment came from?

Daft as it may sound, I get the impression that a lot of that story has come from us you know. It seems to contain stuff that puts our case and I was told just before Xmas that we hadn't yet been able to do that formally in front of UEFA. It does also seem to say UEFA were clutching at straws.

David, being David, has to present both sides of the story however.
So,Conn by name,Conn by nature. ;)

Shame the powers that be arent as concerned about an owner that promotes his employees after they have committed hacking into another clubs pc's. Than again they are trying to use hacked emails to do us !
Of course that might be another explanantion for why this story about us has appeared now. You'd think a paper as fearless and The Guardian would be all over the hacking story wouldn't you? Yet not a peep.

From the article

The “adjudicatory chamber” of Uefa’s Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) is understood to be hearing the charges made against the club this week.

For anyone sensible who doesn't want to click on that crap:-

The full article is here:-

http://web.archive.org/web/20200123...accounting-sponsorships-uefa-champions-league

It takes a few seconds extra to load the website. Always use DumpTheGuardian instead of linking directly to them.

https://theguardian.fivefilters.org/how-to-share/#howto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.