United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like your optimism, I still think they'll turn it around eventually. It will take a while, given how far behind us and Liverpool they are, but if they throw enough money at it (which they surely will) and get a decent manager they'll be be back competing again. Can't see them going into complete freefall, sadly.
Get a decent manager.
They've only had one of them in the last 40 years.
And he was a bent cheating bastard

Agree with this Rick Liverpool didn’t expect to be in the league wilderness for 30 years however they stuck around and held top 4 spots and never looked like going away completely.

No one knows how long this will last for them I don’t think it will be 30 years though. I would love to see them become permanently average though but sadly I can’t see it long term. Just going to enjoy this for now though !

To counter that Liverpool didn't have a crumbling stadium, Old Trafford is falling apart (rain pouring through the roof etc) Their corporate facilities are dire, I went to the 1-6 as a guest and told my host it was that poor I wouldn't take a business client there. Liverpool did not have £560 million of debt hanging over them. Liverpool did not pay a player 200k a week to play in another country. Liverpool did not have a poor youth system and outdated training facilities. I could go on but I hate long posts !!

Darren Fletcher following the game said

"United knew what they were doing in the summer, investing in "young" players and rebuilding and everyone accepted it was a three year process.
What we're going through now is the pain of that process, two steps backwards before we start to move forward "
They are fixated on the past and trying to re-create the Class of 92. The days are over when they could pick and choose all the best young players. The TV deal means that even the smallest Premier League clubs can hang on to their best players longer and hold out for a better price. The other issue is that there is still a huge hype round anyone they bring in. The less Pogba plays the more world class he becomes; Daniel James hailed as the messiah (same age as Brazil number 9 Gabriel Jesus); world-record fee for defender Harry Maguire but he's limited; Scott McTominay is average and Fred is sub-standard; Martial is just another headless chicken; Greenwood is being touted for the England squad etc etc.
The fans are fed a diet of hype by a sycophantic media and they lap it up. That's one of their biggest problems.

To counter that Liverpool didn't have a crumbling stadium, Old Trafford is falling apart (rain pouring through the roof etc) Their corporate facilities are dire, I went to the 1-6 as a guest and told my host it was that poor I wouldn't take a business client there. Liverpool did not have £560 million of debt hanging over them. Liverpool did not pay a player 200k a week to play in another country. Liverpool did not have a poor youth system and outdated training facilities. I could go on but I hate long posts !!

Yep but the rags didn’t have there club reset with the dodge k@nt of a company Fenway

Hopefully you are correct mate although if they do buy the right players it won’t matter much that the roof leaks. They’ve had debt for years and still managed to waste 400 million on players hopefully they waste more.

Yep but the rags didn’t have there club reset with the dodge k@nt of a company Fenway

I accept that but that is another reason why you cannot compare the dippers to the Rags as Ric and Mark The Blue said. When the Glazers bought the Rags they were flying high and it was easy to lump 560 mill of debt onto the rags as they were always going to service that...except the stock has gone steadily downhill since. If a new buyer comes in, even a wealthy Saudi Prince. he would have to ask the following questions;
a) How do we service the debt if we are mid table or lower.
b) How do we afford a refurb of the stadium/corporate (where the money is)
c) How do we reduce other overheads like wages to take a profit.
d) What is our long term exit strategy. ( Sheikh Mansour has one the Glazers don't)
In normal business terms the Rags are looking like Marks and Spencers, HMV and many others.

As much as I like your optimism, I still think they'll turn it around eventually. It will take a while, given how far behind us and Liverpool they are, but if they throw enough money at it (which they surely will) and get a decent manager they'll be be back competing again. Can't see them going into complete freefall, sadly.
United have always thrown money at their squad and it took baconface years and unimaginable money (for that era) before it came right
For the last ten years we've had one of the best squads in Europe, have been successful but haven't had everything our own way
There is so much money in the PL now that no team is a pushover. So unless there is a Leicester style Premier league where everyone is crap, no way are our red neighbours going to be seriously challenging for the league for at least five years

United have always thrown money at their squad and it took baconface years and unimaginable money (for that era) before it came right
For the last ten years we've had one of the best squads in Europe, have been successful but haven't had everything our own way
There is so much money in the PL now that no team is a pushover. So unless there is a Leicester style Premier league where everyone is crap, no way are our red neighbours going to be seriously challenging for the league for at least five years

Good point about teams and finances to be fair years ago united could cherry pick the best players in the league Gary Neville said it on sky not long ago.

I did say in a pervious post with Blue Mist that as long as they could throw money at it they would eventually get it right but these days top quality players can cost between 50-200 m per player.

They need at least 6 minimum ? Might be a bridge to far. They are also very fortunate to be in 5th because Chelsea and Spurs can’t get their houses in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.