Keith Floyd

Personally knew a lot of chefs fifteen years ago - from burger-flippers through to Sat Bains and pretty much everything in between - and back then Jamie Oliver was the best regarded contemporary tv chef among them. Several said they liked his slightly anarchic cooking philosophy, or words to that effect.

I don’t think he’s a bad bloke, actually, but anyone who becomes that famous and successful is going to turn into a bit of an arsehole. I expect I’d be a fucking nightmare if I ever became famous. Unbearable, although still very witty, obviously. .
It's Jefferson I'd feel sorry for

I also remember Johnnie & Fanny Craddock doing TV cook shows in the 80's. She was a right bossy madam, always criticising and chastising her husband and assistants.
Didn't Johnnie once say, in all perfect innocence, "I hope all your cakes taste like Fannys"

I also remember Johnnie & Fanny Craddock doing TV cook shows in the 80's. She was a right bossy madam, always criticising and chastising her husband and assistants.
Didn't Johnnie once say, in all perfect innocence, "I hope all your cakes taste like Fannys"

nope
He said, “May all your donuts turn out like Fanny’s...”

Keith Floyd’s cooking shows would be one of the few I’d actually watch at times,always remember spitting image doing the pisstake of him starting with Floyd in the kitchen and ended up with Floyd in the toilet and him throwing up ..

He is the Daddy of all tv chef/celebrities, many try to copy him but none have succeeded as far as I am concerned, love watching Rick Steins programmes, hes the closest to Floyd we are going to get...

David Pritchard, for it was he, has been dead over a year.
He died on Jan 13th 2019.
I think I’m correct in saying it was Floyd and Pritchard that got Rick Steins TV career started. They were doing a show and visited Steins fish restaurant in Padstow (the one when Floyd threw the plates etc overboard). Pritchard saw the potential in Stein and the rest’s history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.