Pep's embargoed press conference. Quite interesting

It is sorted, BTD, just as I could sort out VAR and the LotG, but both would deliver a substantial drop in revenue, and football governing bodies and football leagues are not in the entertainment game, they are in the greed game! Bank accounts have to be stuffed, and if one player drops off the merry-go-round through injury or burn-out they wouldn't give a flying fuck!
The PL could sort the fixture list out quite easily, by reducing the league to 18 teams, as was the original intention. The FA Cup should be seeded at the 3rd round with the top 32 teams in one pot and the bottom 32 in another. The bottom teams could all be at home or, possibly, could have the choice of being home or away. No replays and straight to penalties would free up time and distribute cash a bit more evenly.
Whilst people might 'love it' the Xmas fixtures do need reviewing as 48 hours between games is just a nonsense. As Boxing Day falls on a Saturday this year they should play Saturday/Sunday, then Tuesday/Wednesday and finally Saturday/Sunday again and no team should be on Sunday/Tuesday duty either.
We also need public transport operating on Boxing Day, but that is another issue altogether.

I agree with Pep , to many games but there is a big fly in the ointment the league leaders have played the same front 3 in almost every match for nearly 2 season now without any injuries ;)
The prem has bent over backwards to give them plenty of rest over the holidays and this week so i doubt they will be dropping like flies like other players are this week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.