VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

"Kermit" on the penalty incident. Its laughable if it isn't outrageous to say it's not a problem. It fucking would've been if we had lost the game or if it had been rags or the scum playing.

DERMOT SAYS: It's the wrong decision, but we accept that it's not a major problem. We shouldn't go overboard and say VAR should be checking it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the new goalkeeper/penalty rule is the goalkeeper has to stay on his line until the penalty taker, in this case Jesus, takes the penalty, and actually touches the ball.

So how did VAR, the linesman,who is looking directly at the keeper, and Mason, not decide between themselves that the keeper had moved off his line too early, and the penalty should been taken again?

9-CAB2548-AD2-A-49-C1-B046-5-D8-AAFD0-BE69.jpg

I'm pretty sure the new law is one foot on the line, not both. Either way its a colossal error. But at least we were saved from missing the re-take as well!

I think we need to move away from trying to prove isolated incidents are corrupt because it's impossible, it's the systemic corruption which over time can be proved statistically. The beneficiaries of corruption will always have excuses for isolated incidents (incorrect decisions are now validated with VAR for and against certain teams); however the systemic decisions made are now becoming more and more apparent. It's only a matter of time before there's going to be overwhelming statistical prove of corruption at some level. Whether the club will push or be forced to make that information available in a public forum who knows (as publically outing it will have huge implications financially for the Premier League and the club) but I think the FA, PGMOB and IFAB are going to be told we have some form of statistics to showcase our lack of parity to certain clubs and will want explanations and changes very quickly indeed.

I think we need to move away from trying to prove isolated incidents are corrupt because it's impossible, it's the systemic corruption which over time can be proved statistically. The beneficiaries of corruption will always have excuses for isolated incidents (incorrect decisions are now validated with VAR for and against certain teams); however the systemic decisions made are now becoming more and more apparent. It's only a matter of time before there's going to be overwhelming statistical prove of corruption at some level. Whether the club will push or be forced to make that information available in a public forum who knows (as publically outing it will have huge implications financially for the Premier League and the club) but I think the FA, PGMOB and IFAB are going to be told we have some form of statistics to showcase our lack of parity to certain clubs and will want explanations and changes very quickly indeed.
And we will be ignored & run away as we usually do .

And we will be ignored & run away as we usually do .
It's not running away, it's protecting the investment. The owners didn't buy this club and invest the money they have to then destroy the games 'perceived' integrity and reputation, as this would completely destroy the revenue streams (TV, sponsorship and merchandising) and ruin the club and everything we have worked so hard to build up.

As a fan I completely agree with you, we look weak and like we're running scared but you have to see the bigger picture, unfortunately the club is a business and always will be, certainly for the foreseeable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.