Madrid away

Obviously I'm not asking you for details or to betray any confidences, but how optimistic are you that we will emerge unscathed from the current UEFA investigation?

I presume that formal minuted meetings will resume, otherwise City Matters opens itself up to accusations of being too close to the club and therefore less able to represent the fans.
The meetings are back on track and I think we're waiting for confirmation of Feb 19th for a full meeting.

I don't think there's anything about UEFA that hasn't already been said on here, on podcasts I've done or on Twitter but the club line is quite firm about not doing any deals with UEFA. Conn's article actually makes a lot more sense in the light of that, as I'd heard they wanted us to accept we were guilty of what they call a "technical breach". So I'd guess that'd be something like failure to provide bank statements, account properly for commercial income or something like that.

At the end of the day we failed FFP and that in itself left a bad taste as UEFA had assured us on 3 separate occasions apparently that we were on course to meet the requirements of Annex XI on wages, that would see us escape punishment when we failed. Yet as soon as we were committed to the 2012 accounts, they moved the goalposts on that, so I guess we won't be taking any assurances from them again. We are quite adamant that we can defend all of the charges laid against us but have't yet been given the opportunity to do so. It's like some Stalin-era show trial.

Ceferin really did not want to go down the route of re-opening this but he has people whispering "You have to do something" in one ear and us saying "Do your worst pal and then you'll find out what a real shitstorm looks like" in the other.

I am not knocking sc branches if someone gets a ticket cos they have the criteria brilliant but to get one just cos they are corporate or on a flight or in a sc without being on the cup scheme or having the correct points can’t be fare

I use my points but I don’t begrudge anybody who uses their initiative. If I was in the Brighton end for the finale of last season because loads of ex players asked for tickets then so be it. I’ve heard quite a few people at Away games saying they only have a season card to pick up the points for away games so the user is very complex to sort out.

I imagine there are more than 400 tickets or they presumably wouldn't be dropping the criteria in chunks of 2000 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.