Fulham (H) | FA Cup 4th Round | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it has been the case with Guardiola and was also the case with Pellegrini and even in the final couple of years for Mancini.

Indeed there was something of a furore when Mancini broke this understanding by putting Hart in goals in the Cup Final against Wigan rather than Pantilimon who had played in every previous match. And guess what happened? Joe Hart was beaten by a lob that Pantilimon would have plucked out of the air with ease.

I also recall Liverpool fans scoffing when Pellegrini put Caballero in for the 2016 EFL Cup Final. Caballero won the cup for City in the penalty shoot out with three saves.

City will be looking for a replacement for Bravo and I am sure that appearing as first choice in the domestic cups with be a part if the deal negotiated. What message would it send out if Claudio Bravo was replaced for a home match against Fulham (or more likely Fulham reserves)?

I know that will not convince the boneheads on here but that’s the way it will be.

The message it would send out is that Pep doesn’t believe he is good enough, and as the manager has stepped in to remedy the situation. That would a very clear message and one he is fully entitled to take. It’s why he’s the manager.

That said, it’ll not happen because thinks he’s good enough to play the cups.

I disagree with that part but he’s the boss.

Not directly related to this game but I like the fact that City have Fulham at home, and Man Utd have Tranmere away on a bog of a pitch and Utd are going to have to play their strongest side (surely Martial, Greenwood and James will have to start?)

Ideal preparation for midweek.

Wasn't Zack Steffen purchased (and subsequently loaned out) to be our next "number 2"?
Only my guess, but he's apparently doing very well in Germany, and I'm not convinced at 24 he'll be very keen to come back and be playing second fiddle to Ederson when he can be a first choice somewhere. I may be wrong hope so because it will be a solution to what I think is a very tricky position to fill.

Not directly related to this game but I like the fact that City have Fulham at home, and Man Utd have Tranmere away on a bog of a pitch and Utd are going to have to play their strongest side (surely Martial, Greenwood and James will have to start?)

Especially with Solskjaer under so much pressure. A loss at Tranmere could see him sacked so I doubt he'll take any chances. As for us, reckon we'll line up something like this:

Bravo
Cancelo
Garcia
Otamendi
Angelino
Gundogan
Zinchenko
D Silva
Foden
Bernardo
Jesus

Heard on “Why Always Us?” the City version of The Athletics podcast (newly started, just one episode out) where Sam Lee talked about Taylor-Howard Bellis might be done with first team for the season ... the stunt he pulled whether by mistake or trying to rile up the opposition striker in that cup game recently wasn’t well taken by Pep, even though he backed his player in press conference and said he believed his player but behind the scenes suggest the youngster would learn from this but will probably not be involved with first team anymore for the remaining season ... being taught a lesson I suppose ...

Foden and Garcia certainly will be involved in both against Fulham and United second leg ... Doyle might feature in one or the other as well but that’s about it I guess as far as youngsters are concerned ...

Oh and Bravo would be in goal for both games whether one likes it or not, or agrees with Pep on this or not ...

Carson be great but it will be Claudio

Cancelo
Otto
Eric
Stonsey
Zinchy

Gundo
Bernie
Davie

Mahrez
Jesus
Sane

I expect Tranmere will decide to rest a few for the far harder league games ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.