Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of figures, yes.
Not in terms of quality after what I have been witnessing.
I am not impressed by their game, only by their efficiency.

Yeah, I meant purely in terms of the sheer numbers. I hardly watch Liverpool games as their style of play doesn't excite me. I'd much rather watch City play against relegation fodder than watch a game like Liverpool vs United.

But the relentlessness, the consistency, the character and resolve to just keep winning every single game no matter what is, unfortunately, very impressive, even if it does includes quite a bit of luck.

Are they really as good a side as the results and table positions suggests or have we and the other so called challengers just really regressed and allowed them a free run at it?

More or less on radio 4 (economics show) did a feature on them.

The people that create the expected goals stats ran a simulation of 10,000 games using the expected goal shot positions and created a best case points scenario from these simulations.

In their test using 10,000 simulations (10,000 league years) the highest points Liverpool could have got after 21 games (the time that the Sims were run) was 57 points. Liverpool were on 61 at the time. The next highest points outcome for Liverpool was 51. This shows just how much of a freak position they are currently in. It's a once in a ten millennia event.

The show is on BBC sounds (formerly iPlayer) if anyone wants to check it out.

More or less on radio 4 (economics show) did a feature on them.

The people that create the expected goals stats ran a simulation of 10,000 games using the expected goal shot positions and created a best case points scenario from these simulations.

In their test using 10,000 simulations (10,000 league years) the highest points Liverpool could have got after 21 games (the time that the Sims were run) was 57 points. Liverpool were on 61 at the time. The next highest points outcome for Liverpool was 51. This shows just how much of a freak position they are currently in. It's a once in a ten millennia event.

The show is on BBC sounds (formerly iPlayer) if anyone wants to check it out.

“I’m not saying it’s aliens, but it’s Aliens”

someone insert the gif

Very German like wouldn't you say
They're hardly '1-0 to the arsenal' type of football though. Second top scorers behind us in the league and best defense by a mile. What i would say is that teams seem scared to death of them before they even start. Teams create chances against them with regularity, but whether its the presence of vvd or stars being aligned, teams fluff chance after chance. Wolves last night was the perfect example. At 1-1 there was only one team that looked like winning it, but they missed numerous great chances and up pops firmino with the winner. Typical of them.

Only thing for me is I won't be able to take the piss that they have gone 30 years without winning the league.
It's just one, we have won 4 of the last 8 and runner up twice and this year will probably be the third time.
We hopefully beat them in the league and any cups we come up against them so we show they aren't that special.( Good but not special)

Watching the match last night at a relatives house who is a scouse fan (Used to be a united fan) and he said that Liverpool are amazing considering they have built the side on a budget of almost nothing. I reminded him.

VVD £76 mill
Allisson £56 mill
Keita £54 mill
etc etc

Plus they have the 2nd highest wage bill behind united, he looked a bit irked that his fantasy of them all piling out of a charity minibus with Klopp holding the kitbag and the oranges was blown out of the water.

Teams don't get extra points for artistic impression, results are the only thing that matters in winning trophies

Similarly, until we win the CL, they will be the team that is internationally recognised and remembered. Not us. And they won’t give a fcuk if a few Mancs questioned the purity of their football.

This is overlooked by those who profess not to care about the CL. Our owners know it though.

Similarly, until we win the CL, they will be the team that is internationally recognised and remembered. Not us. And they won’t give a fcuk if a few arsey Mancs questioned the purity of their football.

Our owners know this.

When we win the chumps league they'll just use some other yardstick that benefits their propaganda, it's all bolloxs really in the great scheme of things. If we win everything it's the money and if we don't we are shit and ruining football.

Football is dying and it's a patient that wont recover, in 10 years time it'll be unrecognisable.

Watching the match last night at a relatives house who is a scouse fan (Used to be a united fan) and he said that Liverpool are amazing considering they have built the side on a budget of almost nothing. I reminded him.

VVD £76 mill
Allisson £56 mill
Keita £54 mill
etc etc

Plus they have the 2nd highest wage bill behind united, he looked a bit irked that his fantasy of them all piling out of a charity minibus with Klopp holding the kitbag and the oranges was blown out of the water.

Hmm, a rather selective argument. He must have been a dullard to take that ...although being an ex-rag dipper fan does give a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.