Last Film You Saw

Eyes Wide Shut

If the scenes where the illuminati indulge in masked mass orgies are supposed to be fantasy, I can safely say I did not understand this film at all.

That being said, I’m surprised it’s widely regarded to be Kubrick’s worst film. It’s one of the most immersive films I’ve seen. The score and visuals are spellbinding.

Last edited:
Saw JoJo Rabbit this week and really enjoyed it. Very funny in parts but also quite poignant too. Definitely recommend it.

Once upon a Time in Hollywood

Much like most of Tarantino’s recent films, the pacing felt slightly off, with some of the earlier scenes seeming either unnecessary or too long.

However, the majority of the last hour or so was brilliant film-making. The scene at the ranch and Rick’s exchanges with a precocious young girl being the standouts.

With the possible exception(s) of The Hateful Eight and Jackie Brown, I don’t think Tarantino has made a truly great film since Pulp Fiction.

Inglorious Basterds
The Hateful Eight
Reservoir Dogs

Rest of his films can get in the bin, for me.

Tried to watch parasite last night but the subtitles looked like they were done by Stevie Wonder. It was like reading Korean people trying to speak English.
Gave up and watched Ready or not, pretty decent with some good laughs.

No love for Jackie Brown or Pulp Fiction? JB is so much better than the 1st viewing.

Only watched it the once, never felt compelled to go back but may give it another go.

Pulp Fiction didn’t do anything for me. I think because I got on to it after everyone had talked it up for years, I was never quite satisfied watching it.

Djano Unchained was ok. A little drawn out at times.

Black Book, (Amazon Prime) as recommended by JASR, subtitled Dutch film, based on a real life story about a Jewish lady trying to escape the Nazis.

Don't let the subtitles make you avoid this, it really is a couple of hours very well spent, solid 8/10 for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.