RIP Rob Rensenbrink / Wim Jansen (p3)

What a team he played in. Cruyff, rensenbrink, haan, Krol, rep, van de kherkof twins, neeskens etc my fave team of all time. Rip robbie

Loved Neeskens. Always tried to wear 13 when playing. Cruyffs minder on the pitch and in Management. Rensenbrink and the other dutch footballers of the time were brilliant.

Those of us who witnessed the Dutch team of the 70s who were robbed by some fucking whistling wanking butcher from Wolverhampton who, I'm sure, had a German grandmother, will never forget them.

I won't. Anybody who saw that Dutch side and the way they played football could not fail to be impressed, It was breathtaking. Every player was of the ilk of KdB - an inside forward. Even the goalie could have come out and played on the wing!

RIP Rob. What a team - never been the like since!

I won't. Anybody who saw that Dutch side and the way they played football could not fail to be impressed, It was breathtaking. Every player was of the ilk of KdB - an inside forward. Even the goalie could have come out and played on the wing!

RIP Rob. What a team - never been the like since!
Love it Dave. I couldn't have put it any better myself. Us FOCs are lucky in that we got to see 2 of the greatest teams ever to play football. Holland in 74 and 78, and Brazil in 1970.

Which Dutch team in the 70s came to Wembley and gave England a lesson. I seem to recall Dave Watson and A N Other played centre as 2 centre halves. The press were saying nobody will get past them so Holland played without a centre forward, Watson and his partner did not know what was going on. Hope my memory is not playing tricks, suppose someone will let me know!

Which Dutch team in the 70s came to Wembley and gave England a lesson. I seem to recall Dave Watson and A N Other played centre as 2 centre halves. The press were saying nobody will get past them so Holland played without a centre forward, Watson and his partner did not know what was going on. Hope my memory is not playing tricks, suppose someone will let me know!

Mike Doyle played in that game. His last England game I think.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.