Fulham (H) - FA Cup Round 4 Post-Match Thread

Makes me feel a little bit sick when someone on millions of pounds a year suggests working class people and families should be spending even more money
Wake up and think about real issues. It’s not the first time he’s mentioned it either and it’s starting to annoy me.
Quite frankly I couldn’t care less about how many are there. You go for the love of football/city.

fuck the media we never get any good credit for home games attendance anyway, and it was on tv on the bbc so maybe manc/fans pockets are not so deep and even if it was cheap still food and bills have to be paid and then feed the family it all adds up ?? to many cheap shots at city again and lets see what the biggest attendance of the FA cup 4th round is ? and then work the averages are and city crowd today will be above the best and ok

Facts are
Its January still and people waiting to be paid from Christmas and Rags on Wednesday. Something has to give.
People simply cant afford to go every game.
Stupid kick off time.
None sensical for BBC to screen this game which thus drove the attendance down further.

Sorry Sebastian I cannot see your point here. Mancinis reputation far exceeded good prior to managing City, having won three domestic titles on the bounce, set the record for most number of consecutive wins with Inter Milan which followed up winning trophies (cups) at Lazio and Sampdoria.

In Italy that would and has given him legendary status as has his stellar playing career and subsequent mgmt of the national side. As your point related to his future earnings potential, as a reason he wrote the positive comments to City fans, the likelihood is that will be the main driver and country of his future earnings potential. In fact I doubt I have seen him in the UK since he left, let alone earning a fantastic income from media engagements or links to the club etc.

I think the more likely reason he did it was because of the respect he held for the fans rather than a method or future-proofing earnings.

Nice to see you posting though Sebastian, although we disagree here.
Fair enough, Frank.

I think we just disagree about how much of a global managerial prestige boost Mancini received from building on his achievements in Serie A — which I do recall were downplayed by quite a few people in media outside of Italy when he came to City in the same way Ligue 1 and Bundesliga player/management achievements are these days, rightly or wrongly — by winning the Premier League with City in the incredibly dramatic, historic, globally televised/talked-about manner that he did, and how that had (and will continue to have) a knock on effect on his career. Many see his managing a still developing team to triumph over, however narrowly, someone who is seen as one of the best managers of all time (and their historically hated rival club) as Mancini’s greatest challenge overcome to date and I personally do think it does and will help his career generally.

Makes me feel a little bit sick when someone on millions of pounds a year suggests working class people and families should be spending even more money
Wake up and think about real issues. It’s not the first time he’s mentioned it either and it’s starting to annoy me.
Quite frankly I couldn’t care less about how many are there. You go for the love of football/city.

If I remember correctly he said the same after the Brighton semi final, "Maybe the fans will come and support us in the final." A lot of these players/managers haven't got a clue what it costs in time effort and money getting to games these days and a lot have been cosseted since being a youth player at the top clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.