"Disappointing" attendances

I absolutely love what Pep has done for our club, he has achieved stuff way beyond our wildest dreams and will probably forever go down in history as City's greatest ever manager.

However, deep down I dont really like the guy and I'm not sure I ever have. He's never really gelled with City fans in the same way other managers have, Mancini for example. Even Sven had a better connection with us and he was only here for a season and won nothing. I could give him the benefit of the doubt over today's comments if it were an isolated incident but the fact is he has continually slated City fans in the time he's been here.

We get enough shit off everybody else for our so called empty seats without our fucking manager joining in. He should be fighting our corner. If he is that concerned about attendances he should go and see Soriano and decide what the club can do to help the fans afford to attend every game. But no, much easier to blame us.

Pep is used to standing in stadiums like Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena with 80,000 fans.

Standing at the Etihad with 39,000 fans isn’t what Pep is used to or expects from a fan base.

The Nou Camp is dead vs lower league opposition in the cup. They’ve had 40k odd some times in a stadium over twice that size.

Pep’s just a bit of a nob.

Pep is used to standing in stadiums like Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena with 80,000 fans.

Standing at the Etihad with 39,000 fans isn’t what Pep is used to or expects from a fan base.

The Camp Nou, highly renown for it's intimidating atmosphere.......

Pep is a dick. Whatever "it" is with our fans, he doesn't get. Best to shut up and say nothing if that is the case. Let's face it, him and his cronies charge £25 for starters in their King Street restaurant while sitting on their pedestal and commenting on others. Bin

I went having paid my dues as a cup scheme subscriber. TBH I had given non attendance some thought given our ferociously good record against Fulham,the miserable weather etc etc.
When the sending off occured, taking any potential competitiveness out of the game, and Gundog's penalty was converted I turned to my neighbour and said 4 or 5 and thereafter sat and watched around 80m minutes of attack v defence. Quite hard to get stoked up about that sort of game isn't it and the atmosphere reflected that. As for 39K, blimey pretty decent if you ask me given competing factors, I guessed at 42K!!
Pep, well he has perhaps made a few faux pas during his interactions with our lovely press pack, remember Bernardo "racism" et al, but bottom line is that he is very evidently sick and tired of their BS at his press conferences. If you compare what he is asked compared with what they ask their "pet" managers, it verges on the laughable. When I hear Lord Haw Haw's Simon Stone's sneering tone the predictable negativity of the question to come cheeses me off before he even gets into stride. Maybe Pep should be cuter but don't you think the way he is treated would test a bloody saint. It's as if his managerial achievments have been written out of history and are unworthy of any respect. Don't jump on the "Get rid of Pep" press bandwagon boys and girls, you all know what is driving their campaign. He's not beyond criticism, of course, but quite a few of us we will be unlikely to see his like again in our lifetimes.

The Nou Camp is dead vs lower league opposition in the cup. They’ve had 40k odd some times in a stadium over twice that size.

Pep’s just a bit of a nob.

Barcelona are averaging 76,000 this season.

I think Pep doesn’t understand why we have so many empty seats for certain games, why the fans leave early, and why we don’t support the team.

It was and probably still is a shock to his system after coming from Bayern, where they get 75,000 every home match, the stadium stays full until the final whistle, and their fans sing and support the teams constantly for 90 minutes.

I think the last derby at home was a prime example of what has happened to our support, and what probably annoys Pep on the QT. 1-2 down with over 10 minutes to go, City fans start heading for the exits, and the stadium was silent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.